Scrapping a gun

martindd

My gun licence is due for renewal and I've an AYA yeoman on it I was given that's not worth repairing,so I may as well be shut of it.

I take it needs to go to a dealer? Will this cost me anything?

Cheers Martin

Didn't cost me anything how bad is it someone on here might want to make a project out of it :good:

Took it to a gunsmith who said it's off its face whereby someone's had a go at it it a hammer!also one of the firing pins is out (I have it)

Gunsmith said it's not worth repairing,I was given it,if it's of use to someone they can have it gladly.

Martin

Will they be OK with this? Do they (RFD) make anything out of it?

Thanks

If you are giving it away then you dont really want to know if the RfD is making anything out of it . I am sure that if you give it to a RfD to dispose of he will use what bits he can for spares on other guns .

harnser

If you are giving it away then you dont really want to know if the RfD is making anything out of it . I am sure that if you give it to a RfD to dispose of he will use what bits he can for spares on other guns .

harnser

That's fine, I was more thinking my local gun shop aren't the cheeriest folks in my experience

Cheers

some one could use it to have it deactivated, put in the sale section, you might get a few quid for it

Like I say I didn't pay anything for it so I don't want anything for it,just want shut of it,if it's of any use to anyone and they can pick it up they're more than welcome.

Martin

i tried giving away an old ruger 10/22 a while ago, it just got messy so its still sat in the cabinet, i also tried paying my local rfd to take the remains of it if i kept the sell'able bits (mags/trigger group etc) but he said it was the complete gun or nothing - i gave up :lol::lol:

some one could use it to have it deactivated, put in the sale section, you might get a few quid for it

Like I say I didn't pay anything for it so I don't want anything for it,just want shut of it,if it's of any use to anyone and they can pick it up they're more than welcome.

Martin