B725 users!! Browning B525 vs. B725

Big Al

I have sold one of my B525 shotguns (I had 2) in the hope of investing in a B725. I've read all the reviews and they seem positive. I like the thought of mechanical triggers and interchangeable inflex recoil pads. I have shouldered one in an RFD but have yet to shoot one.

I have shot little but B525s for 10 or 11 years and was wondering if anyone else, in a similar situation, has made the switch to the B725 and how they find it.

Ive got a 425 and the kind people at hodnet let me borrow a 725 for 50 clays. Stunning looking, feels so well balanced. I absolutely loved the swelled palm grip, it just felt so comfortable in my shoulder and I shot the first 9/10 clays i attempted. 3 inch chamber and stunning woodwork for a grade 1 that I used. What's not to like. I think new you can pick them up for £1600 ish if you haggle or ring around. Just my opinion but hope it helps. ATB 425

According to a few American websites the first 725's had trigger problems and there was a number of changes to the trigger group hence the mk2 designation. The mk2 parts can be purchased as a kit in the states to retrofit.

And they are also not true mechanical triggers.

I'm told there was an occasional problem especially for "lightweight shooters" for which a modification was made and is now fitted as standard . This comprises a heavier "inertia block" and spring and main springs that have bigger diameter coils in the centre . Needs to be partially stripped down to fit and are available from BWM .I fitted one last week the first real close up look at a 725 in the flesh so to speak . Personally I felt the gun was numb and lifeless but that's just me .

I'm told there was an occasional problem especially for "lightweight shooters" for which a modification was made and is now fitted as standard . This comprises a heavier "inertia block" and spring and main springs that have bigger diameter coils in the centre . Needs to be partially stripped down to fit and are available from BWM .I fitted one last week the first real close up look at a 725 in the flesh so to speak . Personally I felt the gun was numb and lifeless but that's just me .

Thanks for that. Very interesting.

For me it will be all about fit and feel. If I can get my hands on one!

I have just brought the B725 high rib pro Trap, The first time out with it i was missing clay's all over the shop, but it is ok because there is so much adjustment on the gun that the sights were obviously out. Seriously though they are a quality Gun, the Stocks are very pleasing as well.

I have just brought the B725 high rib pro Trap, The first time out with it i was missing clay's all over the shop, but it is ok because there is so much adjustment on the gun that the sights were obviously out. Seriously though they are a quality Gun, the Stocks are very pleasing as well.

Thanks for that.

I am more interested in their game models so adjustment shouldn't come into it thankfully. I'd never be done fiddling.

have 425 and have shot round of clays with 725.It shot great but to me did not feel like a browning...much more similar in the hand and profile to beretta.....so hard to compare as to me a v different gun to 425/525(which are basically same)......

Shouldn't effect me too much - I have an older 687 sporter that I shoot too.

I still am trying to find somewhere in NI I can shoot one. 3 browning dealers here and 2 have no range. The other has only new guns.