Police Scotland

AULD YIN

Had a call from the Leith police station this afternoon asking if I had received their letter regarding the renewal of my SG and FAC as they would like me to fill in the forms as they had rather a backlog ,I informed him i had indeed received the letter 3 weeks ago but had filled in the relevant coterminous paperwork 4 weeks prior to the letter and handed them and copies of my certificates plus the new pictures in to Fettes with the fees and got a receipt for payment ,after a pause he asked if I had received my new certificates ,I explained my certificates do not run out till October but visited Fettes after hearing on the forum (PW) there could be a problem re renewals and was advised to put them in as soon as possible at which point he said he would check and get back to me.

Fills me with confidence that Edinburgh's Police Scotland are on the ball, :rolleyes::whistling:

johnnie

Edited by AULD YIN

I think 3 of our FEO in dumfries and galloway are been made redundant at the end of the month, and think someone said that eight police officers are taking over the work. I am just about to send of my paperwork for my FAC. This could be fun, at least my SGC has 3 more years on it. Wait till everyone starts want a ticket for there air rifle. Was just talking to my pal yesterday he said he is think of getting rid of his air rifle, how many more will do the same.

Just sold mine,also my local firearms officer "Gus" fell & broke an arm & a leg, went into hospital in Aberdeenshire, died within 2 weeks of an infection, I found him a friendly knowledgeable guy,will now be down to local police, as it was when I moved here 16 years back, when P.C. came to "check & advise " on my security I had to show her how to open my ordinary SBs shotgun.

I think 3 of our FEO in dumfries and galloway are been made redundant at the end of the month, and think someone said that eight police officers are taking over the work. I am just about to send of my paperwork for my FAC. This could be fun, at least my SGC has 3 more years on it. Wait till everyone starts want a ticket for there air rifle. Was just talking to my pal yesterday he said he is think of getting rid of his air rifle, how many more will do the same.

My mate got a call off a cop from Annan who is now dealing with with it this end, she was very appologetic that he had been waiting 7 months for his inital SGC.

He's been an ARV sgt for the last 10 years so should be pretty stright forward, he thinks he will be waiting 12 months though!

...Was just talking to my pal yesterday he said he is think of getting rid of his air rifle, how many more will do the same.

Anyone that has Webley Vulcans, or similar "older" Webley air-rifle (1980's or earlier), or BSA's of the same period - send them my way!

My plan is to have mine all Sarf-ov-zee-border well before the "law" comes in...and with any luck I'll not be too far behind them in relocating to Wales or England.

My mate got a call off a cop from Annan who is now dealing with with it this end, she was very appologetic that he had been waiting 7 months for his inital SGC.

He's been an ARV sgt for the last 10 years so should be pretty stright forward, he thinks he will be waiting 12 months though!

the wife got her SGC a couple of months ago and had it all sorted in about 3 months , our guy was ian murray a canny bloke , think he has been in the job for quite a while he must be late 50s , and now out of a job.

Doesn't sound promising Auld Yin :-(

I will be calling the old Central team when I am home asking for advice on when to apply for my renewal and how best to add FAC. Not looking forward to it!!

Asked my caller how many firearms officers there are now in the edinburgh area and he said 1,that sounds worrying .

johnnie

It's going to be fun when the air gun licensing comes in plus they have to do all the renewals as well they will never handle it

Indeed, as Scotland Police actually informed the bureaucrats who instigated the air rifle licensing legislation. They were ignored, as was everyone else.

the wife got her SGC a couple of months ago and had it all sorted in about 3 months , our guy was ian murray a canny bloke , think he has been in the job for quite a while he must be late 50s , and now out of a job.

you have no chance of getting an inital application within three months this side of D&G, the FEO has only just been laid off but it has been at least a 6 month wait since the end of jan.

Unbelevable difference for the same county!