Pressure vessel signs / stickers

monkeyjaimz

Now then fellas, Im doing a health and safety managers course (day release) at college at the moment, one of the other guys doing the same course works in the labs at BOC.

Got talking about hunting/shooting the other day and he asked me if I am supposed to display a pressure vessel 'warning' on my navara when im carrying my divers bottle around?

I honestly dont know if its a legal requirement, though it does seem like a good idea in the event of of an RTA to assist the emergency services etc?

Any thoughts? :good:

It would seem to make sense, I wonder if you can get magnetic ones so it would be removable when you are not carrying the bottle which would also help the emergency services in preventing unnecessary precautions if not necessary in the event of fire / rta

I tried to get some signage from the Fire brigade years ago and they were reluctant .It's a valid point about insurance as most companys nowadays will wiggle their way out of paying out on a claim .

Is it legal or not ?............A bit like you can't use electrical gear in the work place with out it being certificated but there are no such rules for the domestic circuit :good:

There was a thread on this a while back. There was a suggestion that should you be carrying compressed air in a vehicle you were legally obliged to notify your insurance company who duly whacked your premiums up :good:

I am not saying that it is correct but it is worth considering to be sure.

LB

Don't forgrt that any PCP rifle is covered by the same restrictions. It is afterall a pressure vessel.

I used to have one on my old car just to be safe but never got round to sticking one to the new car.

Might have to do it though, cover up the crack in the bumper :good:

The sign on the back of your car would tell the emergency services you have a pressure vessel in the car in case of an accident. You could be saving the life of a fireman for the sake of a few quid. Just because you dont have to does not mean you should'nt. I have one and it makes sense.

Thunder of feet as members rush off to local sign company...

:lol:

:angry::lol::lol::lol: I'm in the lead!!!!!!!!!

LB

Was about to say closely followed by.... then realised it sounded like the start of the wacky races :lol:

Good, it will give me a chance to give Penelope Pitstop a service and cambelt on route :lol:

LB

She was rubbish, her sister was better though :angry:

Saw a magnetic sign making kit the other day, but holding out for something that looks a little more official.

well LG is a mechanic so I am assuming he is planning on ruthlessly conning pitstop (typical mechanic, i know :lol:) and while he is at I think he has some other "service" plans for her!

I am told by a friend who is a policeman that if there is a sign in the car warning of compreesed gas cylinder then the clampers are not allowed to clamt the car

i think compressed air vessels / tanks, do not come under the same regulations that compressed gas tanks do,but i might be mistaken.

As i understand it being a diver and shooting there is no requirement by law to have the green diamond compressed gas sticker on your vehicle however its common sense to have one as it gives firemen a warning if the vehicle is involved in a crash, They normally prioritise a vehicle if it has any warning symbols so its in your own interest as you get rescued first.