What Sat-Nav

billytheghillie

Need a new sat-nav, but what one? I will not need one with European maps as I don't plan on going there. Budget about £80 to £100. Cheers.

You can't beat the tomtom go 000 series. I have a tomtom Go 5000 and it's briliant the first number is screen size, so mine has a 5" screen. They now do a go 5100 that has worldwide maps.

The one issue with them is that they are constantly asking to be updated (free, but means plugging it in to your computer).

I've got both Garmin and Tom which are very similar in operation. some things I prefer such as the visuals of the Tom Tom but If I were to look for anther I would go for a LARGE screen size and VOICE control because it is no fun trying to alter target by messing around with buttons especially because you cant do it on the move. I've used the Garmin all over the place and it will pick up little track roads out in the greek islands no probs. Have a look on youtube at any models that you are considering.

We used to buy Garmins for the vehicle fleet at work, until I got fed up with replacing several dead units every year. We now buy TomTom Go's with built in traffic reports and lifetime maps. Not a single had one go wrong yet, and the extra cost is more than offset by skirting round motorway jams.

Plus the Tom Tom graphics and interface are much better, to my eye at least.

When I replaced my old Navman it was with a Garmin. That soon went back to Halfords as it kept trying to send us back the way we had come from then kept freezing in the middle of towns when you most needed it !

We have now got a Tom Tom Go 50 and can't fault it. Bought from Halfords when they took the rubbish Garmin back it was a special offer that came with lifetime updates and Halfords threw in a mains charger as well.

Vic.

TomTom are the best in the bizniz....I use one for my work can't fault them easy operation...try the shopping channels they have them on,belters and the stuff they do is far superior than the rest!...don't go down the navman route they are dreadfull compared to tomtoms.

TomTom are the best in the bizniz....I use one for my work can't fault them easy operation...try the shopping channels they have them on,belters and the stuff they do is far superior than the rest!...don't go down the navman route they are dreadfull compared to tomtoms.

+1 Edited by Robbie Forster