Pheasant shooting on our small shoot 21st Nov

Big Al

Our small shoot is arranged as a "stand one beat one" affair. 12 guns split 8 drives. It is a happy and friendly place.

I recorded these clips yesterday. I always have a great day and the craic is mighty. Sensitive wall flowers need not join our shoot!

The camera angle is a bit wonky - I was wearing a woollen hat and the camera didn't sit well on top.

https://youtu.be/eEWNQM-NF4s

Edited by Big Al

Thanks gentlemen. I have gone back to shooting with my B525 rather than the B725. It just seems to suit me better as it is a little higher in the stock.

I'll give the 725 some time on the clay range after the season is over before I decide its fate.

I do wish I had killed that last bird in the air though.

Edited by Big Al

good vid showing what a lot of pheasant shoots are about we have a walk and stand set up our last bag was 12 pheasants 1 redleg 5 woodcock and 3 woodies not a lot but the guns and dogs worked to get the bag all happy and tired at the end of the day.

Couldn't agree more. Well done on your bag. Thanks for your comment.

Thanks for the video, enjoyed watching it. Great to do a beat one, shoot one, earn your shooting that way!!

Thanks dannyboy. I'd need to win the lottery to afford anything else! I also enjoy watching the dogs work in the beating line. A days sport like that offers the full package in my opinion. Humble it may be but you do see all sides of the shooting day.

Thanks dannyboy. I'd need to win the lottery to afford anything else! I also enjoy watching the dogs work in the beating line. A days sport like that offers the full package in my opinion. Humble it may be but you do see all sides of the shooting day.

Good footage again Big Al. I have to say you are one up on Me as i have never had the luxury of getting pheasants flushed out like that' as all my game shooting has been strictly Walked up.

Them little syndicate Shoots look to be very good with everyone doing there bit. It is just not done hereabouts. enjoyed the footage.

Good footage again Big Al. I have to say you are one up on Me as i have never had the luxury of getting pheasants flushed out like that' as all my game shooting has been strictly Walked up.

Them little syndicate Shoots look to be very good with everyone doing there bit. It is just not done hereabouts. enjoyed the footage.

Cheers SuperGoose75. They really do offer the full package - it is all diy - everything from rearing, feeding, vermin control, shoot and ground management right through to shoot days. I have learned a lot from the shoot and the others in it are a great bunch of lads, from every walk of life.

There are 12 guns in total with 6 shooting at a time. It works well. We were out yesterday again and had a bag of 39 pheasant. That is the best this season so far. The weather was too bad to get any decent footage though.

Cheers SuperGoose75. They really do offer the full package - it is all diy - everything from rearing, feeding, vermin control, shoot and ground management right through to shoot days. I have learned a lot from the shoot and the others in it are a great bunch of lads, from every walk of life.

There are 12 guns in total with 6 shooting at a time. It works well. We were out yesterday again and had a bag of 39 pheasant. That is the best this season so far. The weather was too bad to get any decent footage though.

Sounds like you had another great day in Good company. Well done.

I like the sound of it all' as its all hands on and we do simliar things as a Club but i will admitt that I am a bit of a loner when it comes to the actual Shooting should it be fowling or roughshooting.I like to potter about on my own sort of 'BB' style..I just seem to enjoy it more on my own.

Enjoy the rest of the season. :good: