GDK Ear defenders?

popa bear

Hi guys looking to buy some ear defenders for use in the hide pigeon shooting and the GDK ones seem quite prevalent any body got them or know anything about them. looking at the electronic ones with mikes so you can hear anything under 82dbs but nothing above :hmm:

Edited by popa bear

hi there

I've got the howard leight impact sport in the green colour,been brilliant so far and super comfortable,

4x's amplification allows you to hear range commands clearly or hear your game on a hunt. The earmuff is designed to block out high frequency noise 82 decibals or higher. The durable, low profile ear cups make it easier to fit a long gun firearm stock in position

hi there

I've got the howard leight impact sport in the green colour,been brilliant so far and super comfortable,

4x's amplification allows you to hear range commands clearly or hear your game on a hunt. The earmuff is designed to block out high frequency noise 82 decibals or higher. The durable, low profile ear cups make it easier to fit a long gun firearm stock in position

+1. These are excellent and well worth the money (around £50) :good:

It sounds as though you have used "ear muff" protectors in the past, but if you haven't, I urge you to try a pair before buying, most are not cheap.

I have always found any large "ear muff" defenders , an uncomfortable distraction.

Even after trying to persevere with different models.

Nothing beats in ear defenders for unobtrusive protection.

Thanks for the tips chaps, i use peltor sport tac's and have done for a few years now, i see they sell now for just over the £100 mark but i rate these very highly.

I have just perchased a pair of howard leights for my dad from Amazon for £40.

Your hearing shouldn't be overlooked, i would rather not be deaf in later life!

hi there

4x's amplification allows you to hear range commands clearly or hear your game on a hunt. The earmuff is designed to block out high frequency noise 82 decibals or higher. The durable, low profile ear cups make it easier to fit a long gun firearm stock in position[/size]

+4 I've got these and they are the best ones I've owned so far, especially the volume control turned right up enables this deaf old *** to hear all noises. Only wish that I'd used them earlier in my shooting life to prevent my current deafness. No doubt many other old'uns out there in the same boat.

• 4 weeks later...

+5 I got mine as a Xmas prezzie to myself. Popa Bear you should of said when we went out last week you could of tried them out.

But yeah i love my howard leights. Their going pretty cheap on amazon at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Howard-Leight-Honeywell-1013530-Electronic/dp/B001T7QJ9O

I did ask you but yours must be faulty as you didn't hear me :lol::lol::lol:

It sounds as though you have used "ear muff" protectors in the past, but if you haven't, I urge you to try a pair before buying, most are not cheap.

I have always found any large "ear muff" defenders , an uncomfortable distraction.

Even after trying to persevere with different models.

Nothing beats in ear defenders for unobtrusive protection.

Cranfield,

my view was exactly as yours,have had custom in ear for @ 15 years.......recently bought Peltor sporters and Howard lIghts as the slimmest out there and have never liked the big electronic jobs as 'get in the way' feel like you should be flying a helicopter......well if you want to hear whats going on,and have comfortable hear protection(including the bones)then I would recommend the Howard Lights,which were @ £50 cheaper than the Peltors but just as good.if you turn the mic up too much you can hear a crow coming from about 500 yards but you think it is above you!!....tbh I dont really like any hearing protection,they all have an element of compromise but as the son of a now very deaf old man have to use something and the Howard Lights are impressive for little money...as above bought via amazon think they were @ £50ish?