After a mile.....

Underdog

I went to load and poop! I had forgot to put my powder flask in the bag the night before :unhappy:

Walk back to the car, get in car, go home , get flask!

Well I was so hot, the weather is so warm. I don't remember a December so warm!

I missed one cock bird, missed a hen bird, missed a partridge and missed a rabbit too, Jess worked the rabbits. I took feather off a cock bird and spent an hour searching for him!

I passed on the woodcock.

Sounds abysmal I know but it is very difficult with a flintlock. I did have an ace day. In the woods and farm land, three pieces of land all joined the owners granting me total freedom. Priceless.

I found some fox tracks, first in ages!

I sneaked up on a wood pigeon and found a late pheasant returning to its roost so emptied the gun on him, turns out to be an old bird so will need a house brick to cook him with!

Here are the photos.

Lunch break.

DSC08990_zpscnqkpjbl.jpg

DSC08991_zpseoilu42d.jpg

DSC08992_zpse2kwuofe.jpg

U.

I would say that this gun was used on the Wash but when I bought it in the 1980,s along with a couple of punt guns they were used on Grafham Water.

Feltwad

Fowling guns

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=a5d25f67f972f8341f2fb5b9725902d2&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=326743&p=2968825&md5check=b8e86667a31c0cc4be91e66929bc7d24&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,tjFczzMpdmo');//]]></script> P1010012_zpss25aptex.jpg&&0

Wow' What a lovely collection of Old fowling pieces. :good: