Ridgeline monsoon smock

ratty1

Have had one for a couple of seasons now. It's been good but all the pocket zips have given up on it. They are too fine and just get clogged up with mud.

It's also started to sock up slit of water it doesn't seem to come through the jacket but does absorb it. Have just got some water repl to try sort that out.

Good jackets but they get SOAKING with sweat if you walk any distance... They just don't breath.

Exactly as above, great jackets, very warm, BUT I carry mine whilst getting to a position and then put it on, carry when moving back to the car too.

Otherwise you are soaked in your own little atmosphere!

Hi Ratty.

The earlier model of smock was a disaster, as the guys have said, they sweat inside you end up soaked after a good bimble.

I sold my first one on to a friend after telling him the problems....but he was happy to have it.

Ridgeline have another one out now that is so much better.

There are zips under the arm pits that you can open and vent the smock during hard work, best to leave the waist tie loose if its getting warm, allows the air to circulate inside.

On the other hand, if its a bit cooler, wear a marino wool base layer and mid layer underneath, easier to regulate your bodies temperature.

Been out in some heavy weather with it and always stayed dry and warm.

As with most of my zip pockets, I apply a very small amount of silicone grease, makes life easier and the zips glide nicely.

Here's a link for you mate.....the top video is worth a look. :good:

http://ridgelineclothing.co.uk/collections/home-page-collection/products/ridgeline-monsoon-elite-smock

Edited by 1 shot willie

I have the Pintail which I really rate, it is lighter than the Monsoon, so sounds like some of you may be better off with that?

I have been out in everything apart from hosing rain in it and it has been great, but... you can get a bit warm yomping around in warmer weather.

The zips are fine but just seem to jam on the material around them too easily - but as I still rate it as a near perfect stalking smock [for me]

Dont have the Monsoon - but do have the Pintail Smock. Brilliant bit of clothing! I wear mine practically every single day at work (shepherd), and swear by it. Iv had it a year, and put it through the washing machine with some NikWax to bring the water-proofness back to life.

Cant rate Ridgeline any higher.