End of season Saturday- what are you doing ?

fandango

I am sure wash wildfowler can stick up for himself ----- but the man you are telling " he needs to get out more" has perhaps helped more people out with regards shooting the wash and introducing young and new shooters to the sport than you have had hot dinners , often to the detriment of his own shooting also, as those he has taken out off this forum will testify.

He is also a active committee member of one of the wash clubs doing countless work for the club where many cannot be bothered .

For that reason I find your post rather disrespectful .

Wonder if you would have the same opinion of your wana be mentor :lol: If you were on the outside looking in. Enjoy your time together.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High shooting discredits our sport and pushes the fowl up higher.

Telling people what you have shot when and where increases pressure on the fowl and is a good part of why you should pack up while they are still comming in and watch

If anyone reads these threads it outrageously funny to pick out those who say what sounds best rather than fits in with that which they state in other threads that directly flies in its face

All clubs face coastal access issues,

wounded birds and barrages of shots at birds that are too high to come down without fluke do us only harm

Look at the current situation up in Scotland with a load calling for a ban. A few geese trailing wings etc are ammunition for them antis

Your feelings have been hurt by some of my comments obviously. . I'm not going to apologise ...

Like I said in my last post just in case you miss read it... I'm NOT! On hear to make friends ...

I choose my friends carefully .. if I don't like anyone I tell them ... if they Don't like me then that's there problem.

I've never once said I own the marsh but I do know what goes on down there .. I spend a lot of time down in & out of season ..

I'm in contact with many members on here who live in all parts of the country who phone me when there planing a few days on the wash ...

Then there's those who are just ignorant in the way they go about asking ...

That's when I have a problem with it ...

As for saying if our paths cross do you the honour of ignoring you completely .

Don't you think that's a bit childish. .

You Never know .. we could be become life long friends ...

High shooting discredits our sport and pushes the fowl up higher.

Telling people what you have shot when and where increases pressure on the fowl and is a good part of why you should pack up while they are still comming in and watch

If anyone reads these threads it outrageously funny to pick out those who say what sounds best rather than fits in with that which they state in other threads that directly flies in its face

All clubs face coastal access issues,

wounded birds and barrages of shots at birds that are too high to come down without fluke do us only harm

Look at the current situation up in Scotland with a load calling for a ban. A few geese trailing wings etc are ammunition for them antis

Totaly agree kent, my point to 6.5 55 se the user name he goes under now, was about his coments about club officials and probable pending contact as i pointed out but not so much the subject of the thread itself which i broadly agree with.

Your feelings have been hurt by some of my comments obviously. . I'm not going to apologise ...

Like I said in my last post just in case you miss read it... I'm NOT! On hear to make friends ...

I choose my friends carefully .. if I don't like anyone I tell them ... if they Don't like me then that's there problem.

I've never once said I own the marsh but I do know what goes on down there .. I spend a lot of time down in & out of season ..

I'm in contact with many members on here who live in all parts of the country who phone me when there planing a few days on the wash ...

Then there's those who are just ignorant in the way they go about asking ...

That's when I have a problem with it ...

As for saying if our paths cross do you the honour of ignoring you completely .

Don't you think that's a bit childish. .

You Never know .. we could be become life long friends ...

Well you never know the old saying goes like this" least said soonest mended". HERE I DRAW THAT LINE. GOOD DAY SIR.

Took some finding but here it is so i guess you would know all about this right?.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/265707-high-shooting-and-squawking/

You had lots to say including starting the thread up to post 29 then Not a word.. I'd imagine you got contacted by a Club official! !!! RIGHT ? Looks a lot like it. :yes:

By the way im not in gedney drove end club or any club that part of the wash, i just said not far from gedney drove end not nessasarily on that clubs ground.

So run along now and be a good lad. :yes::rolleyes:

Where did i mention ANY Club names !!!!!!

Your Statement about Geese i mearly posted your are wrong.

Thank you for referring to myself as Lad as for Running along that won't be happening.

Must get back to plucking those elusive Pink's

finally got me motor back so loaded up ready for the 2hr drive to the wash meeting me mate at the service staion on the a16 bout 5 then heading to Frampton can only do the morning as got to get bk for 3 so wont make the meal at the pub don't no which dog to take the old boy for his last time on the wash or the young un for her first or take um both hope u all have a great last day whever you fire a shot or not its a blessing to b out there

finally got me motor back so loaded up ready for the 2hr drive to the wash meeting me mate at the service staion on the a16 bout 5 then heading to Frampton can only do the morning as got to get bk for 3 so wont make the meal at the pub don't no which dog to take the old boy for his last time on the wash or the young un for her first or take um both hope u all have a great last day whever you fire a shot or not its a blessing to b out there

Mind you don't get lost on there ;)

Sat inside it's persistently raining there are lakes all over the fields and I ain't going out for nowt

Visits put greater pressure on the Marsh than its worth if conditions are so poor

Just looking at my returns I have only been out once from Christmas. No great point

Considering buying shooting rights on empty meadows a mile inland of marshes if this carries on subsequent seasons

I was thinking like that yesterday kent,... But like every other day recently after the previous blank... Dragged my **** out of bed this morning, and was rewarded with a bird... Positive thinking(that's what I keep telling myself haha)

February just shouldn't be about one chance though

No very true... But ... We just went out to see season out for an evening flight, and managed 4 wigeon... So to me it's always going to be worth the effort... I'm new to this game, so can't really compare to yesteryear ... But blanks seem part of it

Yes they are but normally we see our quarry out of range or similar

This season we saw them sat on floods inland on the drive in and the Saltings empty in the main

well a blank to end the season but it was a nice morning to see it out and give the dogs a run saw a few geese but went out wide of us and yes fb we did get lost me mate said he new where to go but turned left instead of right at the end of the wall and walked a good mile looking for the white post told him this cant be right coz the river was getting closer so turned round and headed back luckily we bumped into two other chaps wayne n tony and they pointed us in the right direction cheers guys back to the pigeons and crows for now until we do it all again

well a blank to end the season but it was a nice morning to see it out and give the dogs a run saw a few geese but went out wide of us and yes fb we did get lost me mate said he new where to go but turned left instead of right at the end of the wall and walked a good mile looking for the white post told him this cant be right coz the river was getting closer so turned round and headed back luckily we bumped into two other chaps wayne n tony and they pointed us in the right direction cheers guys back to the pigeons and crows for now until we do it all again

Yeah I knew you got lost , I was just ribbing you , just shows how quick the grapevine can work :lol:

Shame you never bagged a bird but it has not shot great down there for a while unless the tides and conditions have been spot on.

Have been up on the Solway again at Ladyhall since Wednesday 1000's of pinks about but always coming off high or not over us. And when we had birds coming in towards us a few lads with 4 bores shooting at the geese which we had not fired at as to high for the 12 was making the birds that where heading towards us slide off along the sand. Only chance we had was at Cumbertrees at bit down from Ladyhall on a nice windy night when about 20-30 pinks came over at only 25-30 yards up & heading for me got within 70 yards in front of me & just turned & slid over another gun who dropped one. Will try my hand at decoying them inland next season to try to bag my first pink, guess that's why it's called a wild goose chase :lol: .Did not fire a shot & have been out for morning & evening flight every day i was up there unlike some of the so called fowlers who where shooting at any pink within sight even if they was 200 yards up.

Have been up on the Solway again at Ladyhall since Wednesday 1000's of pinks about but always coming off high or not over us. And when we had birds coming in towards us a few lads with 4 bores shooting at the geese which we had not fired at as to high for the 12 was making the birds that where heading towards us slide off along the sand. Only chance we had was at Cumbertrees at bit down from Ladyhall on a nice windy night when about 20-30 pinks came over at only 25-30 yards up & heading for me got within 70 yards in front of me & just turned & slid over another gun who dropped one. Will try my hand at decoying them inland next season to try to bag my first pink, guess that's why it's called a wild goose chase :lol: .Did not fire a shot & have been out for morning & evening flight every day i was up there unlike some of the so called fowlers who where shooting at any pink within sight even if they was 200 yards up.

Hard luck on the pinks , stick at it , it's just not the same shooting them inland !

I know but hoping if i can brake my duck on the pinks inland then a foreshore goose might just follow.

I'll give you a Morning Flight Inland for your First Pink next season IF Motty will sort you a Flight on the Wash .

Are you up for the challenge Motty !!!!! If so you can do the Inland flight also.