410 Hushpowers

activeviii

Nice couple of hours yesterday with a good friend. Both using 401, single shot hushpowers. only one shooting at a time. wind and down pours made for a muddy day with very tricky birds for a 12g with 2 shots but a 410 single shot, well, let's just say my friend is a better shot that i.

45 birds down but not all picked up as lost in hedges.

Cheers Gunner for the company and giggles, well worth the soaking and mud

IMG_20160220_154339_zpsxmtdod09.jpg

ATB

Phil

That is gunner and his pratty 410. i was using a bakewell tart, moderator was a little short but made no difference in sound. using a mix of 7 and 6 shot of 18grams 3" and even subsonic cartridges, there really is little to no difference other than the price.

think i might be saving the pennies to buy a double 20g just for the winter rape as i have no doubt, with a standard 12g there would have been 2 shots and then long waits between action. with the hush, it was as fast as you can stuff a cartridge in at times

Phil , must say thanks for the invite , it was a great outing , iv had a good 5 years off from pigeon shooting , must admit tho im getting more interested in it again . We had some lovely sporting shots that day . We used phils magnet and i brought 2x flappers . That first hour was cracking . Alltho surprisingly easy to miss them at 10 yards - mostly due to lack of weight in swinging these little 410s . Keira - phils spaniel was doing a great job picking up , but the highlight of the day was a winged pigeon that landed in the pattern , we both watched silently as it briskly walked right upto the hide , phil lifted the net in it came , phil promtly grabbed it to send him on his way - we then both burst into laughter as iv never had one walk into the hide . Cant wait for the next outing ! Wanna use field craft and 410 again , lovely and quiet . Good job as id forgotten me muffs . Ok theyd probably sound louder in the woods etc as noises bounce back -but open field they were great . Atb...

Phil , must say thanks for the invite , it was a great outing , iv had a good 5 years off from pigeon shooting , must admit tho im getting more interested in it again . We had some lovely sporting shots that day . We used phils magnet and i brought 2x flappers . That first hour was cracking . Alltho surprisingly easy to miss them at 10 yards - mostly due to lack of weight in swinging these little 410s . Keira - phils spaniel was doing a great job picking up , but the highlight of the day was a winged pigeon that landed in the pattern , we both watched silently as it briskly walked right upto the hide , phil lifted the net in it came , phil promtly grabbed it to send him on his way - we then both burst into laughter as iv never had one walk into the hide . Cant wait for the next outing ! Wanna use field craft and 410 again , lovely and quiet . Good job as id forgotten me muffs . Ok theyd probably sound louder in the woods etc as noises bounce back -but open field they were great . Atb...

Hay! Tim, What can't I say, you have done a fair it for me n the pastnd taken me shooting numerous times, I sort day or two on the pigs I least I can do to return the the favour.

Just wish I could shoot like you as I miss to many with this spud gun