Semi auto

paul041075

Have had two 11-87 and no problems with either. One was S2 and was fine to carry about but the other was a S1 11-87 SP and although a fabulous bit of kit it was way too heavy to lug about. Had some great fun with it.

The autos I've owned are an old Breda; clunky but worked fine, a Beretta 303 (mates gun actually) nice gun; a Browning 2000 which I should never have sold and currently have a Winchester 1500 XTR. I wont be selling this one; great gun. I put a full choke in it and use it for decoying.

So there are plenty out there. The 11-87 is an old design now, but so are all the others.

If you want one to use and abuse you couldn't do any better than the Baikel MP153.

Edited by Scully

I used to own an 11-87 premier and it was an excellent gun. Only issues I had were with the gas seal which had a habit of splitting, but easier replaced with a seal from a hydraulic company. Also, totally stripping it to clean was tricky to start with but you soon get used to it. I sold it to a guy on here to fund a beretta al391 series 1 which is fantastic.

Have had two 11-87 and no problems with either. One was S2 and was fine to carry about but the other was a S1 11-87 SP and although a fabulous bit of kit it was way too heavy to lug about. Had some great fun with it.

The autos I've owned are an old Breda; clunky but worked fine, a Beretta 303 (mates gun actually) nice gun; a Browning 2000 which I should never have sold and currently have a Winchester 1500 XTR. I wont be selling this one; great gun. I put a full choke in it and use it for decoying.

So there are plenty out there. The 11-87 is an old design now, but so are all the others.

If you want one to use and abuse you couldn't do any better than the Baikel MP153.

Don't see much mention of the breda's these days. I had one, five shot. A tough gun, eventually changed it for a beretta 301, another good auto that gave no problems. Also had two 1100's which were ok but I prefer the beretta's myself. I have a 391 teknys in 20 and a400 xtreme in 12.

Lovely gun :)

Impressed so far. The A400 Lite I had was way to whippy (for me). Also had an annoying problem in that you could over tighten the knob securing the forend to such an extent that you couldn't get the darn thing unscrewed without using a tool.

The Xtreme has a quarter turn lock which works a treat. I've stuffed it with 28g Hull Sovereigns at the clay ground and it cycles flawlessly. I put a few Express 32g through it roost shooting and again flawless.A few more through it and i'll try 3inch and 3 1/2 inch and a few light 24g loads out of interest.

The extra weight is a good thing in my book. Dare I say it but this gun could well be a keeper. Another plus point is for a gas gun it's so simple to clean.

Edited by Whitebridges

Impressed so far. The A400 Lite I had was way to whippy (for me). Also had an annoying problem in that you could over tighten the knob securing the forend to such an extent that you couldn't get the darn thing unscrewed without using a tool.

The Xtreme has a quarter turn lock which works a treat. I've stuffed it with 28g Hull Sovereigns at the clay ground and it cycles flawlessly. I put a few Express 32g through it roost shooting and again flawless.A few more through it and i'll try 3inch and 3 1/2 inch and a few light 24g loads out of interest.

The extra weight is a good thing in my book. Dare I say it but this gun could well be a keeper. Another plus point is for a gas gun it's so simple to clean.

I said lovely gun..........I have the same one!!

Good point gingercat , the a390 and al390 is more cartridge friendly than the older non compensated 303,302 etc, The 390 will run down to 24gram maybe less, as long as you don't forget to put the spring in the forend when you put it back together l;)

391 urika has got to be the carlsberg of all auto, the sx3 is another and will be steel proof.

However my old 303 field deluxe I'd my main clay buster

This.

Possibly the best used semi-auto shotgun in the used market bar none. I use an AL391 Urika but any of the later A390s are a sound buy. Mine cycles everything put into it irrespective of length of load even though it's not meant to! Never had a single jam. Spares are plentiful and still being produced by Beretta (you can buy direct from their website...their service is second to none). A well used but cared for A390 betters any modern budget Auto by miles imho.

Edited by Savhmr