Blaser f3; any users got one for game shooting?

As above thinking about a blaser f3, prob s hand if poss. Will be used occasionally for game and limited clays.

Not my main gun, but just another to add to the collection. Quite fancy a long barrle heavy ish o/u. Got light ish 20b sxs for walk about needs.

Has anyone used them in the field? How do they preform.

I notice a number of different models around but any to avoid for game use (other than obvious weight considerations)

Or am I better waiting to get their newer f16 version for my purposes.

Thanks in advance

Ewen

I have a early Blaser F3 game model with 29" barrels, I use it for most of my shooting including clays. In 7 years I have not had any issues other than 3 light strikes on a batch of old trophy cartridges I used, mine does not get heavy use about 300 shells per month.

All the best.

Tim

May I suggest that a conversation with Ian Mulliner may be a good move. He is Blaser's main man for warranty matters, he's been trained at the factory in Germany, and he is a Blaser (among others) dealer. He will be able to tell you if these updates are part of a transferrable warranty pragramme, if not how much it might cost, and generally answer your questions. He is the chap I bought mine from and he is very helpful as well as knowledgeable. He can also tell you about the F16 and when it may be available.

He is near Wimborne in Dorset, and he's on 01258 840 848. I see from his home page that he's closed until Tuesday. In any event a service wouldn't be a bad idea if you're buying an older example.

There have been a number of threads over the years about minor issues cropping up with these guns, and as they carry a ten year warranty I wouldn't be surprised if the original owners have had the work done.

Yes the luxus model is very handsome but also very pricy.

I know what u meant about the std model and traditional looks, it's a bit agriculture in its appearance. But this simple estetics masking a technological advance gun is one of the attractions for me. I have a heavily engraved sxs for the really posh shoots anyhow.