A quick session on the corvids

WelshMike

I had a call from one of my mates last week saying that the carrions and jackdaws were making a good old racket first thing in the morning and did I want to shoot a few of them. I had a few hours free on saturday morning so headed up. I should have gotten up there for 5.50 so I could get set up for 6.00 but I couldnt face getting up the wrong side of 5.00 on a weekend so I arrived about 6.15 to be met by a good number of blacks flying about making a racket. Got set up in the corner of one field by the yard with the decoys set about 20 yards out and a few sentry decoys on the hedges behind and to the left of the hide. Finally started shooting about 6.25. Steady session ending at 9.00 with some great sport and a bag of 34, mainly carrions with a couple of jackdaws.

34%20crows%2019.03.16_zpsbotzbfz9.jpg

That's a great result, well done, I'm waiting for the hour to change so I do not have to get up so early as we have crows giving problems with the new lambs.

Cheers PC. I am not sure if I have passed the point where I now have sufficient sense :lol:

Brilliant Mike. Cant beat the crow shooting in my eyes , plus a huge benefit to the countryside.

Cheers Mark. I am a serious fan of crow shooting, great fun and so unpredictable.

Crow bashing is the best :good:

:good:

A decent effort Mike, well done.

Cheers mate. Not bad for a couple of hours, I will have to get back up there for a longer session.

Well done Mike :good: had a few calls myself last few days i must try and get out of bed 1 morning. :lol: atb Terry

Cheers Terry. Dont push yourself to hard mate :lol::lol:

Good result Mike, well done fella..

Thanks mate

I Better get out on them crows soon then Mike just to keep you happy :lol: i better make sure my alarm clock works loud and clear in case i get to go out early. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I want you to be set up a good hour before first light to make up for all the abuse you give me.

Well done Mike good shooting i find crows harder than pigeons they keep looking on the way in to the pattern very spooky

Cheers buddy. Crows are awkward **** to shoot but when you get the pattern right and keep still you can have some good results. I tend to put the pattern a bit closer to the hide to give me a bit of time to shoot them when they are trying to escape (well thats the theory). I have had days where they wont come within 50 yards and other days where they have virtually landed on top of my hide (whilst alive :) ) makes it all the more enjoyable when you have a good day. Take it easy.