Monday night foxing

WelshMike

At 7.00 last night I was feeling like having what I will call an "Eccles" evening. Basically this an evening for people with sense who watch TV sat on a comfy sofa with a nice fire burning :lol:

I opted to get out with the rifle instead as lambing is progressing at a fair old pace and I had 700 acres to get round to make sure all is well.

Over to the first farm which is around 350 acres. Fortunately most of the ground is clear at the moment which makes life a little easier without 100s of ewes and lambs getting in the way of my shooting :) All quiet for the first hour and then caught a flash of eyes in one 40 acre field. Checked through the NV and spotted a fox about 300 yards away. This is an awkward field to shoot as it is very flat, and it was a light night because of the moon. A gave a couple of hand squeaks with little reaction until fox number 2 came trotting towards me much to my surprise. I let her come across until at about 100 yards a safe shot presented itself and down she went to a chest shot. She was about a week off having her cubs so a job well done.

Vixen%2021.03.16_zpsylcblt7m.jpg

Over to the next piece of ground to be greeted by a fleeing fox just as a I parked the truck. I had a walk and a call (mark 1 hand caller) and spotted a fox trotting off in the wrong direction so not going all my way. 20 or so minutes later I spotted the fox next to a pool. The ducks were making a fair racket signalling their disapproval at his presence. An 80 grain soft point ended their concerns and fox number 2 was down at about 130 yards. No photo of this lad as the phone was about a mile away in the truck and I wasnt inclined to carry him all the way back for a pic.

All in all a productive night. Thanks for reading.

Well done Mike :good: you watch this Eccles evenings on sofa mate :lol: it gets harder to get off it as you get OLDER :lol: atb Terry

Sorry mate I know you can take the abuse, thats why I dish it out.

Well done mike good shooting them lambs will rest a bit better now

Cheers bud. Off out again tonight to try and reunite the dog with his partner. I would feel bad if I left a lonely fox mourning :lol:

Well done. I'm out for a look round here tonight to catch up with yesterday's renegade.

Cheers mate and good luck for tonight. Look forward to the pics tomorrow :good:

A good job well done :good:

Thanks you kindly.

Good going there Mike, that looks a decent sized vixen. I was on rabbit patrol last night with the .22 and night vision, saw two fox that just sat and watched me around 100 yards they were there for ages but wouldn't come any closer, typical! Never mind, I know where they live and will be out again soon.

Good result Mike :good:

Cheers buddy

Good going there Mike, that looks a decent sized vixen. I was on rabbit patrol last night with the .22 and night vision, saw two fox that just sat and watched me around 100 yards they were there for ages but wouldn't come any closer, typical! Never mind, I know where they live and will be out again soon.

Thanks mate. Always the way, that good old 6th sense that keeps them out of harms way.