.410ing

Tedly47

Evening gents hope all is well.

I've noticed there's been a lack of .410 action of late so tonight I thought I'd pop down to a small wood on a new perm I've got, only problem is I've sold my shooting truck! Yes the Jimny has gone! And I'm going to miss it however times change and I need something a little bigger....

This looks a little out of place! Thank god I didn't get stuck....

post-66769-0-95665000-1460576165_thumb.jpeg

Anyway I took a 3 shot bolt action Norica that I bought off a PW member a while ago, I've refinished the stock on this (my first attempt)which has changed the look of the gun completely.

Now I've been itching to get out with it however it usually gets left at home in favour of the 12 so today I thought sod it I'm giving it a go.....

As soon as I got to the wood I managed to get a few nice big carrion crows and a few jackdaws, only a few in the pic as I wasn't going to bother going through the brambles just for a pic (no commitment I know!)

The surprise was the pigeons, 8 in total with 7 picked for 8 shots! I admit 5 were flighting into the trees so not hard shots but the other 3 I was really pleased with... I even shot one just as it landed which got another bird up, I quickly grabbed the bolt and cycled another cart and got the second bird! I was that chuffed I texted my shooting buddy Mr B (Browning123) to see if that counts as a "left-right," No he texted back it's a "one-two"........ I better try harder next time!

post-66769-0-48326700-1460577122_thumb.jpeg

Cheers guys, Tedly

Ps, anyone know of a cheap 4x4 for sale, must be a 2005 and cheap!!!!!?????

Well done , from your picture the carrions crows are in fact rooks.

Thanks fenboy your right there is a rook there, I'm lucky enough to shoot somewhere that has a multitude of different crows (if I can say that) I couldn't be bothered getting scratched to ******* trying to get them........ Pigeons are far more important as there food!

Cheers Tedly

Well done Tedly - very good shooting, especially with a 410!

Best we take the BMW next time we go shooting - my Jimny might get stuck again!!!

Where were you.............. Family stuff what an excuse!

I need a new shooting truck........ Now!

We could of had at least twenty pigeons between us....

Nice one mate :) a BMW 1 series as a shooting bus... Is there something we all don't know lol ;)

Cheers mate,

When I pulled up at the gate and saw mud I thought.... Rear wheel drive with 280bhp.... Ahh sod it what's the worst that could happen!!

I'm on the look out for my next truck..

quote name="7daysinaweek" post="3042375" timestamp="1460625698"]cracking do there tedly, sold my old hushy 410 a few years ago and miss it, great little gauge and cracking little gun for the price of a few pints i bet.

atb 7diaw

Cheers mate, yes the gun was only cheap but now it looks nearly new.... I like to challenge myself now and again and the .410 is perfect for that..

Tedly