obama

kody

So the odds of us staying in the EU are greater since Obama spouted his **** over here what do you think

I think anyone who makes their decision on the advice of a lame duck US president needs to be removed from the electoral register and placed on a 'care in the community' programme.

I think anyone who makes their decision on the advice of a lame duck US president needs to be removed from the electoral register and placed on a 'care in the community' programme.

Hmm, lame duck or not he is still one of the most powerful and influential figures in the world. Perhaps his current 'lame duck' presidency allows him the freedom to make honest judgement, after all it won't be him sorting out trade deals but his successor so he has little to gain from sabotage or 'doing DC a favor'. It isn't constructive to belittle or degrade his opinion just because you don't agree with it, surely it would help the out campaign more to come up with counter arguments?

Personally I'm still just edging on voting out, but it is very interesting to see the possible ramifications in global political and trading circles. The more we see of this on both sides the better in my opinion.

I just wish Willie Walsh would have the balls to suspend whatever negotiations his airline are having with Boeing for replacement aircraft on the basis of potential repercussions of being at the back of the queue for servicing and spare parts should the UK leave the EU.

That would focus opinion over the pond.

Absolutely, we should be asking Donald what we should do.

Hmm, lame duck or not he is still one of the most powerful and influential figures in the world.

The American President is not even one of the most powerful and influential figures in his own country. They have a strange political system, Presidents are figureheads but how much power they really have is debatable. Recent Presidents haven't really tested their power, they still remember what happened to Kennedy when he tried.

Edited by Vince Green

So we are to be at the very back of the queue when it comes to trading with the U.S.A.

I'm sure all the boys and girls who gave so much fighting alongside U.S. forces in Iraq ,Afghanistan etc ,will be absolutely delighted to hear how much their sacrifices are now valued .

Nice one Obama ******** .

So we are to be at the very back of the queue when it comes to trading with the U.S.A.

I'm sure all the boys and girls who gave so much fighting alongside U.S. forces in Iraq ,Afghanistan etc ,will be absolutely delighted to hear how much their sacrifices are now valued .

Nice one Obama ******** .

That isn't actually what he said. He said that we would be at the back of the queue for tade deal negotiations, not for trading with the US. Either way I don't entirely believe it, but the point that he was over-egging is valid; the US has more to gain with deals between China and the EU, for example, than it does with the UK so they would most likely take precedence. If the UK leaves, then signs binding trade deals with the EU so that we are part of the EEA, that could make us a de facto, albeit silent, member so we could piggyback on to any US deals. Possibly.