14yr olds

islandgun

I was expecting him to struggle with the term faux (I struggle with it :) ) but suede ! ive threatened to turn off the electricity supply to his room as he is growing long and spindly like a plant deprived of natural ight

:lol:, I know what you mean. My eldest is turning 13 very soon and things like headphones, Pinterest (*** is that all about!?) and getting gangly are on the increase and trampolines, smiling and reasonable reactions to minor problems are on a steep decline. She'll be getting her own opinions soon.

Kids are great; I just wish I could go back and do it all again, but this time start sooner and we'd have a tribe running around.

I was 38 when my first was born as we were too busy galavanting around, and I'd never seriously considered being a Dad. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Pinterest is like an online scrap book full of pictures of your favourite things, recipes, fashion etc etc. :) If you're not into images then it wont interest you, but for those who are it is priceless. My daughter got me into it and as a painter I think it's brilliant. Type in 'cosplay' and see what comes up. :yes:

They are great, I just did a well done assembly yesterday with my eldest and very proud of her stood in front of the school with her great work on clocks and time........ So now I am thinking she cannot come into our bedroom before 7.30 in the morning and she will know the time!!

Flip side to them is the worry - A friends daughter got chickenpox a month or so ago. It tuned nasty and she was taken to hospital in a coma. She is still in ICU and it was touch and go if she survived the subsequent infection in her blood. The infection took her right eye 3 days ago and her left eye is now looking so damaged it might have to be removed. The images of her eyes are disturbing to my core...... seriously frightening and on a beautiful bright little 6 year old lass........ my heart really goes out to the distraught parents.

They are great, I just did a well done assembly yesterday with my eldest and very proud of her stood in front of the school with her great work on clocks and time........ So now I am thinking she cannot come into our bedroom before 7.30 in the morning and she will know the time!!

Flip side to them is the worry - A friends daughter got chickenpox a month or so ago. It tuned nasty and she was taken to hospital in a coma. She is still in ICU and it was touch and go if she survived the subsequent infection in her blood. The infection took her right eye 3 days ago and her left eye is now looking so damaged it might have to be removed. The images of her eyes are disturbing to my core...... seriously frightening and on a beautiful bright little 6 year old lass........ my heart really goes out to the distraught parents.

This happened to Danny our youngest when he was 18 months old luckily no major damage was done he was in hospital a week

He has some big scars luckily not on his face

Chicken pox can turn savage at times

Kids are great; I just wish I could go back and do it all again, but this time start sooner and we'd have a tribe running around.

I was 38 when my first was born as we were too busy galavanting around, and I'd never seriously considered being a Dad. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Pinterest is like an online scrap book full of pictures of your favourite things, recipes, fashion etc etc. :) If you're not into images then it wont interest you, but for those who are it is priceless. My daughter got me into it and as a painter I think it's brilliant. Type in 'cosplay' and see what comes up. :yes:

that. My first was born when I was 40, cant remember much of life before that

Mate, that is truly awful words cant describe how the family must feel. life can be a piece of excrement sometimes

:lol:, I know what you mean. My eldest is turning 13 very soon and things like headphones, Pinterest (*** is that all about!?) and getting gangly are on the increase and trampolines, smiling and reasonable reactions to minor problems are on a steep decline. She'll be getting her own opinions soon.

you should do your best to stop that before it gets out of hand, its proven to lead to self expression then its a slippery slope to independence and individuality they won't get very far with that behaviour will they :|