WelshMike

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 20/12/2018 at 09:19, WelshMike said:

Tidy job and nice and easy. Well done. Makes up for those 5 hour stints up the tower :lol:

The tables turned last night. Got up the tower at 9pm fox turned up at 2.35am another big dog. He was with a vixen but I didn't see her until I shot him she took off at great speed.

Edited by bornfree

Wish I could get 2 mate ...that's  a good night at the minute . I'm struggling at the moment , the foxes just not playing ball. I know where there are a few but not offering a shot , hopefully will make a good start in the New Year.

Been asked to clear a few roe at the minute but not enough time at the minute with Christmas and all that .

Going to try for a fox tonight that came out of a drive whilst shooting yesterday ....fingers crossed but not holding my breath :shoot:

2 more last night of the chicken unit again. first was a pair spotted digging worms. straightforward 100 yarder no calling. very large vixen which mate disappeared at sound of shot. second one was a small dog brought in by pheasant distress. saw a few others about so looking good for numbers towards end of year.

had a large doe first light this morning which will replenish the freezer. with plenty about on the ground aswell:)

merry christmas gentlemen. hope santa brings you lots of shooting gear:lol:

7 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

2 more last night of the chicken unit again. first was a pair spotted digging worms. straightforward 100 yarder no calling. very large vixen which mate disappeared at sound of shot. second one was a small dog brought in by pheasant distress. saw a few others about so looking good for numbers towards end of year.

had a large doe first light this morning which will replenish the freezer. with plenty about on the ground aswell

merry christmas gentlemen. hope santa brings you lots of shooting gear

That's a great day out mate , that chicken farm certainly produces. How many foxes you on now ?

22 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

That's a great day out mate , that chicken farm certainly produces. How many foxes you on now ?

35 off chicken farm since end of summer. Not sure how many me and grant have had as he keeps numbers and is away. Think about 130. He will get figure at end of year

14 minutes ago, racing snake said:

What with the weather, Christmas stuff, and 2 weeks into a 6 week course of chemo, getting out has been a challenge! Finally manged it last night though. Dog and Vixen. Moon a pain again.

45702658894_384d042e72_c.jpg

Well done stu. Hope everything is going well for you mate. 

6 hours ago, racing snake said:

What with the weather, Christmas stuff, and 2 weeks into a 6 week course of chemo, getting out has been a challenge! Finally manged it last night though. Dog and Vixen. Moon a pain again.

Good to hear your getting out mate. Top job getting two with the moon & weather like it’s been.  I went out earlier in the week, got soaked and a tan from the moon 🙄.

You take it easy mate and get yourself better. The foxes will still be there for you!!

just got in. another night out this time with a mate on his permission. landowner had seen foxes in amongst the sheep and lambs. did not hold out much luck as it was pouring thermal would not work so used the lamp to spot. first one spotted and i called it in and shot from passenger window {comfy and dry:yes:} picked up another with lamp but not interested but mate pulled off a great 200yarder off bonnet. great result considering conditions. also spotted three more but could not get on them

On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:40, racing snake said:

Great result , take my hat off to you still managing to get out even though you are having treatment , dedication that's for sure :yes:

Treat myself to an early Xmas present ........ A FOX   :yes::shoot:

Headed out last night and targeted that fox we pushed out on Saturday at the shoot....

Called him in with dog fox mating call but scarpered straight away , jumped dry stone wall into wood. Tried a few different calls but to no avail so picked up caller and started lamping down the side of the wood   .... couldn't believe my luck he was sat 70 yds away looking at me so up on sticks and job sorted.

Over the moon to eventually get a fox ...............

89j253f.jpg

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Treat myself to an early Xmas present ........ A FOX   :shoot:

Headed out last night and targeted that fox we pushed out on Saturday at the shoot....

Called him in with dog fox mating call but scarpered straight away , jumped dry stone wall into wood. Tried a few different calls but to no avail so picked up caller and started lamping down the side of the wood   .... couldn't believe my luck he was sat 70 yds away looking at me so up on sticks and job sorted.

Over the moon to eventually get a fox ...............

89j253f.jpg

top job he was hard work by the sounds of it:good:

Just thought I'd post on the section as i neglected it for a while,

Some nice pictures on here still, and a few not so good, boots an all. 

My numbers have been  a little low this year, one being too good a job being done the previous year I suppose and the other lack of time in the field. 

Being as i doubt I'll be out again till 2019 my total is 72, that's a fair bit less than I would have liked but if I'm not out im not  hitting any. 

All the best folk. 

15 hours ago, Dougy said:

Just thought I'd post on the section as i neglected it for a while,

Some nice pictures on here still, and a few not so good, boots an all. 

My numbers have been  a little low this year, one being too good a job being done the previous year I suppose and the other lack of time in the field. 

Being as i doubt I'll be out again till 2019 my total is 72, that's a fair bit less than I would have liked but if I'm not out im not  hitting any. 

All the best folk. 

All the best,

I am in exactly the same position Dougy , had my PB last year so this year have had 43 so far , might have another outing before New Year.

Hope 2019 starts off well , everyone keep up the posts :yes::santa:

10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

All the best,

I am in exactly the same position Dougy , had my PB last year so this year have had 43 so far , might have another outing before New Year.

It was a poor start to the year really with the weather as it was. Then this back end I've ended up with bloomin plantar fasciitis I  my left foot and it's bloody painful. Let's hope things improve soon, I was hoping Santa was going to bring me a new left foot, but couldn't have got the note. 

8 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

All the best,

i am sure your number will rise again sounds like you have done too much of a good job the previous years. me and grant are shooting more for one reason THERMAL it is a game changer. although i have picked up more ground this year which holds good numbers the thermal has completely changed my foxing. i shoot with quite a few different people through my syndicate,airguns, shotguns, stalking and foxing. alot are splashing the cash on the thermal. even the relatively new fox shooters are noticing a difference in results.

i know stongman has recently got one and is really enjoying using it 

Ok Bumpy , I just cant afford THERMAL unfortunately , also we do not have the density of foxes that you do down South.

I also did not get out as much as last year due to the lack of foxes, I still know where there are a few but they are tricky ones , Think I will have to concentrate on a few areas that are not the best but good for the odd one ....