Fox club

WelshMike

Well done Foosa :good:

Vixen from Monday night

Vixen%2010.10.16_zpsoe6yliyv.jpg

Headed back out last night. Farm 1 nothing. Farm 2 first field had a call for a couple of minutes using the mark 1 hand caller. Scanned with the spotter and mr Fox sat at the top of the field. By the time I was behind the rifle he was about 85 yards away, quick squeak stopped him and he was met with a 58 grain bullet in the middle of the chest. Nice size dog fox. Another couple of hours and 2 farms later I called it a night.

Dog%20fox%2012.10.16_zps5bsrgajh.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers Mike, I see your not doing too bad on the gingers yourself there. 58g out a .243! I bet that zips along a bit, and makes quite a thump? Do you load your own bullet?

Thanks bud. I am a little lazy so tend to buy factory ammo. My shooting is not good enough to require home loading :lol:

I am using Winchester Varmint x 58 grain at the mo. I think it pushes them out at around 3,700 fps give or take so pretty quick and makes one hell of a thud thats for sure. I do fancy getting a .204 as it looks like a cracking calibre..Christmas soon :yes: Though I bet I get a lump of coal as I havent been very good this year :unhappy:

sounds like your TI is a cracking bit of kit.

Out with bumpy22 off here last night on a new piece of land. Farmer complaining of foxes attacking his lambs and brought two as evidence and bait. Within five minutes of arriving one in the bag at about 60 yards and one very impressed farmer. Then off we went farmer leading the way through a very the garden of a large country house to the next field. Despite all the racket and chatting going on a suicidal varmint ran in from 150m but stopped with little showing through the long grass at maybe 100m. Not responding to the calls he was shot on the spot and our first mistake was made, we turned off the light. Backwards and forwards across the field we couldn't find the fox even though we had both seen it drop. After 20 mins we wernt even sure where it was in the field when we shot it :oops: With the farmer even more impressed we went back to the first field to spot another at a good 200m. A convenient gate post provided the rest and as it wouldn't come in the shot was taken and three were in the bag. By this time the farmer left more than happy and we sat on top of the hill in the shade of a large hedge scanning with the night vision and coffee at the ready but by about eleven we were ready to call it a night when a final scan showed a fourth. This one knew what we wanted and trotted into about 50m for a relatively easy shot.

A great nights shooting, mild, dry, plenty of sport and a cracking view made it a night to remember.

Unfortunately despite his skill with the rifle his camera shooting is some of the worst ever so apologies for the picture (the rather artistic layout was my idea)

20161012_230134_zpsjvcuasel.jpg

Out with bumpy22 off here last night on a new piece of land. Farmer complaining of foxes attacking his lambs and brought two as evidence and bait. Within five minutes of arriving one in the bag at about 60 yards and one very impressed farmer. Then off we went farmer leading the way through a very the garden of a large country house to the next field. Despite all the racket and chatting going on a suicidal varmint ran in from 150m but stopped with little showing through the long grass at maybe 100m. Not responding to the calls he was shot on the spot and our first mistake was made, we turned off the light. Backwards and forwards across the field we couldn't find the fox even though we had both seen it drop. After 20 mins we wernt even sure where it was in the field when we shot it :oops: With the farmer even more impressed we went back to the first field to spot another at a good 200m. A convenient gate post provided the rest and as it wouldn't come in the shot was taken and three were in the bag. By this time the farmer left more than happy and we sat on top of the hill in the shade of a large hedge scanning with the night vision and coffee at the ready but by about eleven we were ready to call it a night when a final scan showed a fourth. This one knew what we wanted and trotted into about 50m for a relatively easy shot.

A great nights shooting, mild, dry, plenty of sport and a cracking view made it a night to remember.

Unfortunately despite his skill with the rifle his camera shooting is some of the worst ever so apologies for the picture (the rather artistic layout was my idea)

Cracking shooting and a very happy farmer by all accounts. Have to agree with the comment about the photo quality.....shocking :lol:

good write up there ;) got a trick customer to deal with in a orchard this week taking chickens. try and plan a night out end of the week with mark

Well Mike ...managed to get out last night even though the weather wasn't good. bright full moon, no wind , misty . Wasn't too confident but called in this vixen cub to 80 yds :)

punk%20013_zps0ddxcqwu.jpg

Thats one cracking fox and picture. Please compare with my miserable effort earlier :lol:

Well Mike ...managed to get out last night even though the weather wasn't good. bright full moon, no wind , misty . Wasn't too confident but called in this vixen cub to 80 yds :)

punk%20013_zps0ddxcqwu.jpg

:good::good::good::good::good: Well done Mark

fox%20course_zpsafzh4l7q.jpg

vixen from last night came into foxpro rabbit distress 223 dropped it at 85 yds

Nicely done mate :good: and on the next pic you posted as well.

post-2987-0-81405200-1476727600_thumb.jpg

This one came into a wam Friday night, with it being such a calm night I took this baby out for a breath of fresh air. Nobbled a rabbit at just under 200 yards shortly before.

I dropped it a couple of weeks ago off the top of the pickup, but dropped another clanger by changing the scope "and" seeing depth of new rounds. Fact was the scope wasn't actually out.

Dougy dropped a rifle - My, my, whatever next?

I once dropped mine out of the front door of the house onto concrete. Leopold scope wasn't affected one iota.

They are designed to be robust. I think that what you pay the mega bucks for is robustness - Not improved accuracy or visibility.

Nice to know you are still human mate.

attachicon.gifFox 17(1).jpg

This one came into a wam Friday night, with it being such a calm night I took this baby out for a breath of fresh air. Nobbled a rabbit at just under 200 yards shortly before.

I dropped it a couple of weeks ago off the top of the pickup, but dropped another clanger by changing the scope "and" seeing depth of new rounds. Fact was the scope wasn't actually out.

Well done on the fox but you need to look after those lovely rifles a bit better ...clumsy oaf :lol: