Britain first thug shot an MP in Leeds three times.

Dave-G

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes you wonder just what sort of thing could tip someone over the edge and into killing a sitting Labour MP.

It seems Lord Haw Haw and his chums are happy to point the finger at the rhetoric coming from the Leave camp, and the disdain felt by the public towards politicians in general.

What could possibly stoke up such feelings and fear in an otherwise fairly reserved population?

I don't suppose this sort of thing helps...

13407072_504613903081282_325731480206145

Brilliant find Poontang. You seem to have a knack for turning up with highly relevant and succinct gems. I have copied this item to show to those who, as you say, are tripping over themselves in their eagerness bordering on glee, to point the finger at the brexit campaign.

I strongly believe those who are responsible for the lies and deceit spewed by both sides in this campaign should hang their heads in shame, and that they and their hypocrisy and that of our media are in a very real danger of creating a culture in which to express an opinion contrary to others, instead of being someones right, is becoming to infer that that person is evil.

Edited by Scully

It looks as if the "inners" are falling over themselves to ram this awful killing down our throats for days/weeks to help their case.

If a migrant had killed a British person,it would probably be downplayed and hushed-up.

I really hope we come out but can't see our rulers accepting an out vote even if it happens.

It looks as if the "inners" are falling over themselves to ram this awful killing down our throats for days/weeks to help their case.

If a migrant had killed a British person,it would probably be downplayed and hushed-up.

I really hope we come out but can't see our rulers accepting an out vote even if it happens.

Not a murder, but 3 Syrians were up in court in Newcastle on sexually assault of a 14 year old. One of the accused was fast tracked into the country by a government programme to relocate Syrians.

The authorities took the decision to hush it up.

The story is on the evening chronicle website

Edited by toontastic

Brilliant find Poontang. You seem to have a knack for turning up with highly relevant and succinct gems. I have copied this item to show to those who, as you say, are tripping over themselves in their eagerness bordering on glee, to point the finger at the brexit campaign.

I strongly believe those who are responsible for the lies and deceit spewed by both sides in this campaign should hang their heads in shame, and that they and their hypocrisy and that of our media are in a very real danger of creating a culture in which to express an opinion contrary to others, instead of being someones right, is becoming to infer that that person is evil.

That tweet appears to be 9 months old so I'm not sure of the relevance to this particular case or the referendum, but your general point is certainly valid.

Not a murder, but 3 Syrians were up in court in Newcastle on sexually assault of a 14 year old. One of the accused was fast tracked into the country by a government programme to relocate Syrians.

The authorities took the decision to hush it up.

The story is on the evening chronicle website

This story came out about 2 days after Farage was rounded on for talking about the Cologne thing and sexual assaults. I'm pretty certain the incident happened in May. I recall the police neglected to publish it on their list of recent crimes despite sexual violence being a top priority. There was a bit on Newsnight but not on the broader news.

This story came out about 2 days after Farage was rounded on for talking about the Cologne thing and sexual assaults. I'm pretty certain the incident happened in May. I recall the police neglected to publish it on their list of recent crimes despite sexual violence being a top priority. There was a bit on Newsnight but not on the broader news.

The court case has now started. But what interested me was the accused who was screened, vetted and fast tracked into the country under a government scheme. Edited by toontastic

If the media at large won't report it then I hope it goes crazy on social media. I guess some would say reporting it would be divisive or inflammatory or counter to social cohesion. This was the case with Rotherham and all the other associated cases. In the interests of social cohesion, pressure from the Police and UAF amongst others stopped Ch4 in 2005 from broadcasting their documentary which would have highlighted the issue and forced some action but as we know it then went on in the shadows for years more. This case is factual and relevant and should be reported.

That tweet appears to be 9 months old so I'm not sure of the relevance to this particular case or the referendum, but your general point is certainly valid.

Yes, it's from September last year, but nevertheless as relevant to this thread as the fact the alleged killer of Jo cox sent for a book on how to make explosives even further back in time; can't recall the year; either 1999 or 2009? Edited by Scully

Apologies, I wasn't criticising the point you're making, I fully agree with that, I just thought the tweet was being used as an example of the animosity in the referendum campaign, which it may be nothing to do with.

You see the same negative campaigning all of the time in interviews where the interviewee talks about what the opposition thinks/said/did rather than what they themselves did. Very depressing.

Edited by FalconFN

I had hoped that the Referendum would have promoted healthy debate amonst the population, but all it seems to have done is provided a platform for both sides to spew drivel from their mouths and engage in oneupmanship.

I've noticed that even in the workplace there are poisonous divides developing with remainians in particular, not interested in even listening to others views and branding those that want a Brexit as racist, selfish, short sighted and a mutitude of other terms. They seem unable to comprehend that there are two sides to this story.

Whatever way the vote goes I think it is going to cause us many problems both in terms of political fallout and a rift in the population of the UK. Percieved social injustice already has certain parts of the UK simmering only needing a catalyst to ignite. By their very tactics and claims, boths sides are brewing a lot of anger in people.

I have voted with the best interests of my children and country at heart. Lets see where we go.

Edited by Livefast123

Apologies, I wasn't criticising the point you're making, I fully agree with that, I just thought the tweet was being used as an example of the animosity in the referendum campaign, which it may be nothing to do with.

You see the same negative campaigning all of the time in interviews where the interviewee talks about what the opposition thinks/said/did rather than what they themselves did. Very depressing.

No apology needed FFN. The tweet may have had nothing to do with the referendum like you said, I was merely pointing out that not all alarmist statements derived from the brexit camp.