Britain first thug shot an MP in Leeds three times.

Dave-G

I certainly didn't share her politics but she clearly was someone quite special - grammar school, Cambridge, travelled the world and then politics, but apparently not for the usual 'nose in the trough' motivation of most politicians.

Democracy doesn't involve shooting elected politicians.

Agreed.

I assume Dave g is implying that if fairness and democracy are steamrolled over it leads to the rise of the far right, I.e like the nazi party in Germany, I feel that however is a topic for another thread. My thoughts are for her poor family and may the scum who murdered her rot in hell

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With so little facts people are quick to label him, is he a nutter or a thug. There are still many questions to be answered.

Was there history between them, has something caused him to snap in this way.

I remember a old lady jumping off a bridge and being labelled as nutter, it was only when the full story came out over charity collectors you realised why she snapped. But she could easily have snapped and stabbed a charity collector.

Such a lack of class on here.

A 3 year old and a 5 year old are waking up to the first day of their lives without a mum.

RIP and that thoughts are with the friends and family is surely all that should be said for the next few days.

Agreed. There can never be justification for this horrendous act. Consider this before posting on this topic as it is not the place to spout about political viewpoints no matter what they are.

Agreed. I don't think we ought to speculate on the motives of the killer when we don't really know what happened. Sadly, I'm told because I don't go on there myself, lots of people on social media are trying to hijack the story to put across their own political slant on things.

that's the trouble with social media, it can be totally gross at times

Making cheap political gain from such a tragedy is despicable, they don't know any more than we do which is nothing.

Edited by Vince Green

Such a lack of class on here.

A 3 year old and a 5 year old are waking up to the first day of their lives without a mum.

RIP and that thoughts are with the friends and family is surely all that should be said for the next few days.

That's about where I stand!

:good:

That's about where I stand!

:good:

+1

The guy that did this was a nut job with previous mental health history. Being angry these days can label someone as having mental health issues as it seems such a cover-all to victimise the perpetrators. The facts are that the guy was a loner, and one of the earliest subscribers to the S.A Patriot magazine published by White Supremacist group "White Rhino" from South Africa who are pro Apartheid, and he had a history of extremist views. A bad apple and not representative in any way shape or form of the politics of the leave campaign as some have so disgustingly tried to suggest and capitalise on elsewhere. His politics were based on hatred, pure and simple. RIP Jo Cox and God bless & help her children who now have such a traumatic mountain to climb.

Edited by Savhmr

Perhaps we should have some sort of public vote to see what the people think......

Dave G, on this occasion I think you are well off piste.

That's a fair and democratic consideration.

For another post somewhere, I'm not even remotely empathising with the murderer.

EDIT:

Felly: We have a right to voice an objection or opinion when we disagree with what a politician tries to persuade us to do.

Before you reply to that read the above sentence again please.

Edited by Dave-G

From what I've heard the BBC reporters (BBC in general?) are certainly slanting in one direction and trying to link it with the referendum and also stating the 'Britain first' statement rather than 'put Britain first' which is misleading.

Even Rachel Reeves (Lab) who I don't like was saying we don't know the motivations.

Given this chap appears to have had a long history of mental illness I think this will be nearer the major factor.

Just picked this up from The Guardian. His half brother is mixed race.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jun/16/suspect-in-mp-killing-described-as-quiet-polite-and-reserved

The previous year he was quoted in the Huddersfield Daily Examiner, saying he had begun volunteering after attending Pathways Day Centre for adults with mental health problems.

“I can honestly say it has done me more good than all the psychotherapy and medication in the world,” he said. “Many people who suffer from mental illness are socially isolated and disconnected from society, feelings of worthlessness are also common, mainly caused by long-term unemployment."

Edited by yod dropper

From what I've heard the BBC reporters (BBC in general?) are certainly slanting in one direction and trying to link it with the referendum and also stating the 'Britain first' statement rather than 'put Britain first' which is misleading.

Even Rachel Reeves (Lab) who I don't like was saying we don't know the motivations.

Given this chap appears to have had a long history of mental illness I think this will be nearer the major factor.

Reported this morning on the BBC that he had been to the MPs surgery repeatedly in the past and had been a problem.

Now to see if he had mental health problems and that they were known about but ignored.

You are so right! On LBC this morning James O'Brian saying over and over that (basically) this bloke was a right wing anti immigration Brexiteer and that he blames "certain politicians" for what he did.

Of course he is not so stupid as to say it without the odd "All the indications are" and "Is it possible that" but the message is coming across loud and clear

Now James O'Brian is very left wing and hates Nigel Farage with a vengeance but blaming him for what happened to Jo Cox is utterly disgraceful.

Edited by Vince Green

Alex Massie, writing for the Spectator yesterday, has tried to link the murder with his personal political agenda of remain, by stating it is the hate campaign of those linked to the Farage camp, which could have caused this. Absolutely scandalous in my opinion.

The man allegedly responsible has clear and undeniable mental health issues, regardless of his political affiliations.

Some on social media have called for an end to the referendum on the basis it isn't worth people being killed for, a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree, but needless to say they are all in the remain camp.

My deepest condolences to the family such a terrible event two young children a husband and family left devastated RIP

unfortunately political parties like the BNP, Britain First, Animal Rights, and UKIP do attract this type of individual feed their anger and violence

With me not being very politically minded can you explain how UKIP fit into this statement please

"unfortunately political parties like the BNP, Britain First, Animal Rights, and UKIP do attract this type of individual feed their anger and violence"

I see UKIP posters everywhere down here, in house windows by Schools and churches even in farmers fields so are all these "angry" people a danger

With me not being very politically minded can you explain how UKIP fit into this statement please

"unfortunately political parties like the BNP, Britain First, Animal Rights, and UKIP do attract this type of individual feed their anger and violence"

I see UKIP posters everywhere down here, in house windows by Schools and churches even in farmers fields so are all these "angry" people a danger

Well said.

The poor woman hasnt been dead for a day,and the pro EU media guttersnipes are laying the blame for her death squarely at the door of Leave,UKIP and even on individuals like Farage ,IDS and Johnson.

Absolutely disgusting article by Toynbee in the Guardian.

At least politicians who have tried to do the same,have been smacked down by their leaders.

My deepest condolences to the family such a terrible event two young children a husband and family left devastated RIP

unfortunately political parties like the BNP, Britain First, Animal Rights, and UKIP do attract this type of individual feed their anger and violence

:hmm:

Maybe you should watch this before jumping to such disgraceful conclusions. That's the sort of sensationalist comment that the media have already peddled to try and have a pop (wrongly) at Brexiters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtDKfd-pEGw

Edited by Savhmr

How PC has the world become when a politician has been murdered for political reasons but some suggest we shouldn't respectfully talk politics about it? While the referendum campaigning has been set aside for a day, there will be people discussing the murder and its possible motive all over the world.

I can't rationalise stopping the referendum for any reason to do with it but lets not be afraid to recognise how important it is, and to remember that wars start with 'leaders' imposing their will on a country. Regardless of which camp one is in, like it or not, it is a very important and emotive time for us -and surely too important to not be discussed.

Please don't think I condone violence over the issue - but I can imagine more passionate less controlled thugs might go OTT over such issues.

Respect for the person murdered. Pure and simple.

Nothing to do with PC and we still don't know why she was murdered.

All that we know so far as fact is that the person under arrest has had mental health issues going back some time.

From what I have heard about her it would seem that she was very pro having more people from other countries and cultures come to live here to make her wonder full multi cultural Britain.

Something that I think could be a good idea in theory except for the fact that it is not working as people instead of mixing and living together for the most part they are living separately.

Add to that a person who has had mental problems and also thinks that it is a bad thing to have all of these people coming in to the country then it is not hard to see how something like this could happen how can it be stopped I have no idea.

How PC has the world become when a politician has been murdered for political reasons but some suggest we shouldn't respectfully talk politics about it? While the referendum campaigning has been set aside for a day, there will be people discussing the murder and its possible motive all over the world.

I can't rationalise stopping the referendum for any reason to do with it but lets not be afraid to recognise how important it is, and to remember that wars start with 'leaders' imposing their will on a country. Regardless of which camp one is in, like it or not, it is a very important and emotive time for us -and surely too important to not be discussed.

Please don't think I condone violence over the issue - but I can imagine more passionate less controlled thugs might go OTT over such issues.

But how do you know that it was politically motivated? ALL the evidence suggests otherwise. It is only the left wing media who are saying that it was politically motivated. Try watching that video link above for more details.

She seemed a sweet and decent woman . As stated above I guess this will be found to be a mental health rather than political issue . Cant imagine him being anything but a mean and nasty piece of work to start off with though.