Charging rifles with handpumps

grahamch

i used one for over 2 years on a AA S410 rat shooting 3/4 nights per week without any problem

my buddy used a hills pump on his s410 until a seal popped, to his horror the inside of the cylinder was caked in rust due to moisture, his hills pump had a moisture filter also,,i would not take the risk of using a pump and personally think a bottle is better for more reasons other than moisture,

by the way he never use the rifle in the rain either

my buddy used a hills pump on his s410 until a seal popped, to his horror the inside of the cylinder was caked in rust due to moisture, his hills pump had a moisture filter also,,i would not take the risk of using a pump and personally think a bottle is better for more reasons other than moisture,

by the way he never use the rifle in the rain either

hello, your right evo an air cylinder is far better but i did buy a hills pump first and it seized up so changed to a better one and never had a problem after and the rifle is still going strong with its new owner

Am buying either a BSA Ultra or Scorpion SE and was wondering how long it would take to charge either with a good quality hand pump.

Any advice would be welcome. I dont want to go down the diving bottle route.

Thanks

I have a bsa ultra se multishot shot mate and it takes about 3 mins to fill it to 220 bar, I get about 40 .22 shots but it's such a doddle to refill it doesn't bother me one bit. Also they're a fantastic litthe rife make sure you get a decent silencer though because they make a hell of a crack with out one

Pump all the way , any one saying its hard work is just lazy , I've had ultra and have air arms s200 all used and filled with pump

an ultra and an s200 :lol::lol: :lol: :lol: , try pumping an Airwolf up , I,ll ring ya next week to see if ya still alive :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::good:

I have half a dozen scuba cylinders and a large compressor for filling them, but nearly always use the pump as it is so quick and easy. I have a micro scuba compressor filter in line to dry the air and though this adds some volume it really not a problem. I shot pigeons in the barn with mine so it rarely drops below 150 bar and so i just quickly top it up. If it drops really low the cylinder is so much better and faster, but for small top ups the pump is grand

I've been using an FX pump for the last 5 years with no issues. I recently stripped one if my rifles to fit a 'detwanger' in the tube and there was not a speck of corrosion to be seen.

When you release the air from the pump you can see the moisture being ejected, so the trap does work well.