How did we all get on today

Mungler

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading all your threads I thought I would give the skeet a try, turned up and watched a few people shoot, piece of p*** I thought.

Didn't know what hit me, managed 16 ex 25 (I don't know how), the doubles are something else!!

I think I'll stick to the sporting, got 42 ex 50, should have done better but the rabbit wasnt't working (my favourite stand).

Well done to all of you some impressive scores on here!!

After reading all your threads I thought I would give the skeet a try, turned up and watched a few people shoot, piece of p*** I thought.

Didn't know what hit me, managed 16 ex 25 (I don't know how), the doubles are something else!!

I think I'll stick to the sporting, got 42 ex 50, should have done better but the rabbit wasnt't working (my favourite stand).

if you dont keep at it though, you wont get any better at it :whistling:

Skeet it something you have to shoot a good few times so you learn the sequence for one, then you start picking up the birds earlier and the doubles become much easier. 18 is a cracking first go mate, I know a few who shoot it regularly and hover around 18/19 so don't be too hard on yourself!

31/40 for tonight using my Extrema.

It was going to be a test to see if I keep it for this season's fowling or trade it in on saturday for a Browning waterfowl 31/2" O/U.

And to be honest I think I will keep it, I had decided that if I shot well with it tonight it would stay, so stay it does.

Saturdays trip will now be just to stock up on some heavy cartridges.

31/40 for tonight using my Extrema.

It was going to be a test to see if I keep it for this season's fowling or trade it in on saturday for a Browning waterfowl 31/2" O/U.

And to be honest I think I will keep it, I had decided that if I shot well with it tonight it would stay, so stay it does.

Saturdays trip will now be just to stock up on some heavy cartridges.

GLad to hear it mate, well done.

SS B)

Went to Worsley today and shot like a t*t - 73 which should have been 83 but I BLANKED 2 stands :lol: I never BLANK stands ??? . I went back to one of these stands after we'd finished because I normally do well on it (pair of high fast driven) and straighted it - why didn't I do that first time? Funny old game :good:

I went to Worsley this evening to restock on cartridges :good:

Like you do, I threw my gun in the back of the car "just in case" and decided to have a quick 50 birds on my own, while I was there :D

I got 49/50 and only dropped the one because I forgot to delay the timer on the Claymate :oops::yes: :o

I just can't shoot like that when it's even slightly competitive :) They say shooting is 90% in the mind and I can believe it. Tonight there was nobody about, so nothing mattered, and I just KNEW I wasn't going to miss any of the shots, even on stands where I struggled at the weekend :good:

What a weird thing the mind is :D

Mungler,

You should have come tonight, it was a good set up with hittable but not easy birds. Apart from every trap battery going flat whenever we got to the stand ???:rolleyes:

Finished on 36/40 so was pleased with that.

I believe it might have been you that needed a thomson local tonight :P

Today I scored 42 ex 50 at sporting, which some of you seem to consider a bad score, but its equalled my best ever score so Im well chuffed :lol: It was well ahead of anyone else on the day too :lol:

Sounds pretty good to me.

Incidentally, do you have any trouble with the elevator on your Mossberg? Mine's got a stupid little elevator, which lets cartridges drop through if you don't get a move on :):lol: :lol: :lol:

dsc00074ka2.jpg

**** picture, but you get the drift, that tang should be about an inch longer (bit like something else I can think of :yes: )

Today I scored 42 ex 50 at sporting, which some of you seem to consider a bad score, but its equalled my best ever score so Im well chuffed :) It was well ahead of anyone else on the day too :)

Sounds pretty good to me.

Incidentally, do you have any trouble with the elevator on your Mossberg? Mine's got a stupid little elevator, which lets cartridges drop through if you don't get a move on :D:) :( :lol:

dsc00074ka2.jpg

**** picture, but you get the drift, that tang should be about an inch longer (bit like something else I can think of :unsure: )

That isnt the problem mate. The shells dropping is quite common, I used to get it. Its fixed easily by replacing the cartridge stop and interuptor, give me a shout if you need any info :)

Oh hang on there....

• Last weekend, you got your botty kicked good and proper - you with your F3, me with an SBS
  • Yesterday you got your botty kicked good and proper - you with your F3, me with an AL391
  • Today you got your botty kicked good and proper - why? Because the 1st round we shot we both got 40/50 BUT you with your F3 and me with a Mossberg Pump action. Forgot to mention that bit didn't you in your sports round up, just like the gay Dickie Davies you are.

Next week it's Southdown with Tosspot. Bring betting money (to give to me) and your Thompson Local.

EDITED: To get gay jibe in