Iconic Guns

Duckandswing

It is a somewhat lazy Sunday for me, and as I lay here stretched out on the sofa my mind has wandered. I have been after a Remington 870 Wingmaster for quite sometime and I also would like Browning A5. Simply because I feel they are iconic firearms and things of beauty.

Does anybody else have a gun in mind which they feel is iconic? I was thinking more sporting guns than military.

I miss more than any other gun i have ever had a Winchester 1911 a widowmaker a nice handling semi auto, i used it for pigeons and as a wildfowling gun for years i got it when i was 14 years old . i had to scrap it when hungerford happened, late 1980s It was not a practical mechanisum to restrict to keep on shotgun licence so i let it go, a shame as i would still have this gun today i loved everything about it, lots of great memories with that winchester, i used to hunt down on the wash in those days took this gun more often than not..

here is a video of one of them you might find interesting.

Edited by TONY R

For me.

The obvious one to me would be the Dickson round action - the rare 'bar in wood' version is stunningly beautiful. I guess the standard Anson & Deeley is 'iconic', though about as plentiful as can be!

The purdey side by side self opening sidelock ejector, for me the most iconic sporting gun of all time.