Baikle 628

dob

In my experience, Baikal are one of the most reliable guns you can buy. Not pretty, oftentimes short in the stock but very reliable. A real work horse of a gun. Like anything mechanical things can wear out, but it takes a long time for anything to wear out on a Baikal.

I've had a 628. It was bomb proof. I currently own a Baikal MP153 semi auto as my work horse. It sits beside a Browning, 2 Beretta's and an AYA - all more expensive but the Baikal is certainly not inferior.

• 2 weeks later...

Told my mate about it last night and he said " what the hell did you buy one of those for" told him I wanted something reliable without spending hundreds and hundreds of pounds and took my decision on good advise,

Gonna kick his backside with it this coming season

Dob those Baikal Ous are for most people a little short in the stock, i think the russians make them this way for thick heavy cloathing, this is ideal in the winter here but in the warmer weather a slip on rubber recil pad could be an idea, a word of warning it will discoulour the wood on these guns it tends to go darker where the pad as been, and some how seems to get into the wood grain.

You could fit a proper recoil pad but dont go screwing on one of those thick magnum pads you want a 10 15mm hard pad or a skeet style pad this may or may not be a problem for you but just thought i would mention this so you got time to do something about it if need be before the season gets here.

Dob those Baikal Ous are for most people a little short in the stock, i think the russians make them this way for thick heavy cloathing, this is ideal in the winter here but in the warmer weather a slip on rubber recil pad could be an idea, a word of warning it will discoulour the wood on these guns it tends to go darker where the pad as been, and some how seems to get into the wood grain.

You could fit a proper recoil pad but dont go screwing on one of those thick magnum pads you want a 10 15mm hard pad or a skeet style pad this may or may not be a problem for you but just thought i would mention this so you got time to do something about it if need be before the season gets here.

I bought one secondhand and the stock does have a dark stain where a slip on pad has been.Wonder if I refinish the stock and forend it will come out.

Cracking gun though.

Duno i have noticed it on a few guns but Baikals seem very prone to it i got a 20 bore SxS Bbaikal thats got this problem at the moment.

, I tried warming up the stock with a Old hair dryer that was totaly unsuitable as a hair drier it was so fierce it got physicaly uncomfortable if used for intended task, but for removing pin stripes off cars and bikes ...remember them :lol: ... it was awesome , trunning that on the dark area and just rubbing teak oil in did not exactly remove the stain but it made it change colour, which led me to think it might be from the rubber itself used on these cheapo pads, but this was negated when a mate stuck on a pad with cammo Ductape he took the tape off end of season and it was clearly visible right down to the shody way he just whacked the tape on,. Striping and taking it right back the wood was still darker, now i would imagine it will eventualy become even colour, but im thinking its going to need a heavy sand back to get rid of it.

Me i just leave it adds character. :lol: :lol:

Edited by TONY R