How well are Caesar Guerinis wearing?

Cumbrian

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi chaps, New Gun Syndrom here, it's actually my second gun, and first 'new' -- so, tell me, aren't you watching for traces amount of dirt on your New Car when you get one :-)

Anyway, I wasn't worried at all, just scientifically curious.

Im the same buze and my bore streaks with lead badly too. Took me getting on for half an hour with a bronze brush and philips bore cleaner and Im still not convinced Ive got it all out. Love the gun but this is a minus point. My club is fiber only and Ive been using fblacks.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the bores, I seems to have made it better by doing the cleaning in two parts. Do a 'good clean' as usual, and that will leave some lead traces... then if you are not shooting, wait a few days, and give in another clean; that will remove everything else. My understanding is that by letting the lead oxidise a bit, it becomes powdery, and a lot easier to remove. Just have to 1) remove the gross **** 2) wait.

I've now shot a few thousands with the Invictus Five, and I have to say I'm delighted. It comes to the shoulder pretty much perfectly for me, doesn't bounce between shots, and hey, it also look pretty.

• 3 weeks later...

Thread revival alert!

So after a few weeks, excellent gun feel etc. I might have noticed a bit of a 'thing' I need to investigate, but otherwise I think it's excellent.

it's SO good that when my wife's guns started to act up (long story, but lightening the trigger might have gone wrong), we looked at about perhaps 30 guns for a second/replacement while her gun gets fixed, and finally got lent a CG Syren Magnus. Tried that last week-end. It took her about 20 targets to get the /swing/ of it (as her normal gun is quite a bit lighter) but once she got it going, she was SMOKING them...

Anyway, we bought it. It's about 300g more than her normal gun so she's moaning a bit, on the other hand she shot some 28g loads without moving backward a meter, so I think she might just get the hang of it :-)

The Syren Magnus seems VERY like a Invinctus Five, just lighter. Pretty flower and stuff added :-)

I have the 12g Maxam game and have looked it over from an engineers viewpoint Many times. I traded a 692 in on it.

I have to say that apart from my old 2008 Blaser F3 ( that I sold because it was a righty and I'm not ) the engineering seems as good as if not better than other brands I have owned, and that is a fair few brands too.

I still want another F3 but I'm only doing left handed cast guns now and there's not many about of them, they are engineered in a way I have not seen before.

Back to the Guerini, I can as a owner recommend them. But at the end of the day as long as any make is safe,reliable and fits you can't really go wrong nowadays.

• 4 weeks later...

So, bit of an update -- I've discovered something rather annoying: Chambers aren't 3" ! -- I never actually *looked* since frankly I assumed a modern gun would be all singing all dancing, but no, the chambers are 2"3/4.

Another small issue is that I don't shave. I use a trimmer, so I always have some sort of stubble (!?) -- why do I mention this? because it seems I'm wearing out the finish on one side. there's a patch that is definitely less shinny than the rest. I've topped up the finish every few weeks, makes little difference. Hadn't seen that happening on my B25 before; is it a sign of a 'soft' finish?

Other than that, gun works flawlessly. It's also nice and smooth to open/close now, after the first couple of months of it being a bit of a handful as a 'new' gun.

So, bit of an update -- I've discovered something rather annoying: Chambers aren't 3" ! -- I never actually *looked* since frankly I assumed a modern gun would be all singing all dancing, but no, the chambers are 2"3/4.

Another small issue is that I don't shave. I use a trimmer, so I always have some sort of stubble (!?) -- why do I mention this? because it seems I'm wearing out the finish on one side. there's a patch that is definitely less shinny than the rest. I've topped up the finish every few weeks, makes little difference. Hadn't seen that happening on my B25 before; is it a sign of a 'soft' finish?

Other than that, gun works flawlessly. It's also nice and smooth to open/close now, after the first couple of months of it being a bit of a handful as a 'new' gun.

Unless you shoot magnum 3" shells then 2-3/4" chambers are arguably better.

In all fairness I think facial hair is at its most abrasive when very short so can't see that any gun would stand up particularly well to that.

Glad you mentioned that cos I was going to get the wife one :whistling:

Buze- as you know i'm very happy with mine! It added a Woodcock to the list last saturday!!

Still can, just get her a Gillette razor as well!! :yes:

Actually I was looking at 3" shells because of our shoot on the 10th; I had found some steels 1's but in 76mm, that's how I went to actually read what's on the barrels (beside the mention to point that end forward ;-)). Seems the only 'big' cartridges in 70mm I can find in steel in 1 and 3's are 'RC3's 34g...

She prefers the Turkish method...splash with meths then a lighted match.

The good thing with that method is that is also get rid of the nose hair!

I found the handling and balance of CG not at all to my taste when I had a swing of one soon after their launch.

My lightweight game gun is a 687, had it new in 1992 or 93, its not missed a beat, ever. In fairness I only these days use it in the game season and for an occasional outing shooting clays but it will have had 40,000 shells through it maybe more.

A friend has a Browning 425 20 bore, that is also a lovely little gun to handle although I have not actually shot it.

A

I found the handling and balance of CG not at all to my taste when I had a swing of one soon after their launch.

My lightweight game gun is a 687, had it new in 1992 or 93, its not missed a beat, ever. In fairness I only these days use it in the game season and for an occasional outing shooting clays but it will have had 40,000 shells through it maybe more.

A friend has a Browning 425 20 bore, that is also a lovely little gun to handle although I have not actually shot it.

A

Can you remember which one? They have quite a few models, that are quite different to each other.

Actually I was looking at 3" shells because of our shoot on the 10th; I had found some steels 1's but in 76mm, that's how I went to actually read what's on the barrels (beside the mention to point that end forward ;-)). Seems the only 'big' cartridges in 70mm I can find in steel in 1 and 3's are 'RC3's 34g...

i dont think we will be shooting at anything that is "long range" as such. They will be coming in to land on the ponds.

Edited by silver pigeon69