Foggy windscreen

Doc Holliday

Persistent moisture first thing in the morning is an indication that there is moisture present inside the cabin so tracing the source might also be a good idea. This is why as cars get older this becomes more of a problem.

This..

Particularly if its large droplets of condensation on the inside of the glass

Have you a leak from the outside anywhere. ?Check all the footwells and carpet around the door cills plus the pollen filter if their is one and heater matrix.

If its just mist a de-misting cloth or Chamois is as good as anything.

At one time the common advice was to cut a potato and rub it over the screen to prevent misting.Good old-fashioned remedy, or just an old wives' tale?

I was told this when I started biking many years ago. It's possible it worked against mist but I couldn't really see due to the opaque white mess smeared across the inside of the visor.

I just pop a fan-heater in the car whilst I have breakfast.

The heater warms the screen and melts any frost and I don't get fogging.

Of course, the problem arises after I have parked up a while later, then the air-con does it for me

Wet dogs in the car is my problem, get some silica cat litter and fill up a couple of old socks and place them on the dash board at night time, they will absorbed the moisture and can be dried out using your

microwave oven.

B

^^^ this ^^^ :good: , I have a car that was constantly wet misting on the inside . 3 socks of silica Cat litter later and ive not had any interior window moisture in weeks, and we`ve been having 3/4 degree damp cold mornings for the last fortnight .