Fire at Keens guns and tackle in aberkenfig

HDAV

Just seen this on the news

Fire in Keen's gun shop, Aberkenfig, closes Bridgend Road
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-37915822

Looks like it's was quite serious, hope no one was hurt and damage isn't too bad, my guns were all there no so long ago when I moved!

Stupid auto correct could a mod please change title to Keens not keeps please

Edited by steve_b_wales

off their facebook page...

Please Note: Due to fire damage within our fishing store the store is closed until further notice. Telephone lines are currently down also.
If you wish to contact us you can do so on our hunting store number 01656 720807 or you can email on fishing@keenstackleandguns.co.uk
Regards,
Keens

The gun shop is open as normal !

Ive allways had good service and good deals through Keens Guns, as for the other nearby gun shop, who also runs a clay ground, total bunch of incompetent moorons !

• 2 weeks later...

off their facebook page...

Please Note: Due to fire damage within our fishing store the store is closed until further notice. Telephone lines are currently down also.

If you wish to contact us you can do so on our hunting store number 01656 720807 or you can email on fishing@keenstackleandguns.co.uk

Regards,

Keens

The gun shop is open as normal !

Ive allways had good service and good deals through Keens Guns, as for the other nearby gun shop, who also runs a clay ground, total bunch of incompetent moorons !

unfortunately every time I speak to someone about that other shop they have something bad to say.

Similar experience to myself, wasted a lot of time, wish they'd just say if they couldn't do something.

unfortunately every time I speak to someone about that other shop they have something bad to say.

Similar experience to myself, wasted a lot of time, wish they'd just say if they couldn't do something.

The 'other shop' is even worse than before. Very little on the shelves, according to another PW member who called there a few days ago. It's a shame really.

This the one run by an ex champion clay shooter?

I believe so, the one on Kenfig Hill.

How bad is it now Steve ? After being messed about with them saying they 100% definitely had stuff in stock only to turn up to "must have just gone!" I won't use them again!

I also paid for a gun cabinet which was absolutely promised to arrive within a week that took about 6-8 weeks.

I remember you mentioning you had similar promises of stock being present and a long drive to be left disappointed!

I can't understand how they can think that's acceptable or even how they can do it ?! If you've not got the stock in why lie ? Either that or they so incompetent they don't even know what they've got, which is worrying since it's all supposed to be catalogued!!

I believe so, the one on Kenfig Hill.

How bad is it now Steve ? After being messed about with them saying they 100% definitely had stuff in stock only to turn up to "must have just gone!" I won't use them again!

I also paid for a gun cabinet which was absolutely promised to arrive within a week that took about 6-8 weeks.

I remember you mentioning you had similar promises of stock being present and a long drive to be left disappointed!

I can't understand how they can think that's acceptable or even how they can do it ?! If you've not got the stock in why lie ? Either that or they so incompetent they don't even know what they've got, which is worrying since it's all supposed to be catalogued!!

I can only repeat what I was told by a PW member the other day, who went to sort out some business with them. He said that the shelves were low on stock and that they were 'cash strapped', his words.

Yes, I ordered a 1000 primers. I was told 'plenty in stock', so went over there, only to find that she only had 200. It cost me approx £6.00 to buy £3.50 worth of goods. I think that she was incompetent, because whenever I (used) to phone for something or other, 'she' would always ask someone else for the answer, or to take the call. I won't go there in future out of principal. Keens, I'm not overly happy with, and the 'one in Newport' ? well, I haven't got time to type what I feel.

There's a new shop opened near Pontypridd.(a few miles from me) I intend to pop in soon and have a chat with them. If he can supply me with primers etc etc, then he'll get my custom.

I can only repeat what I was told by a PW member the other day, who went to sort out some business with them. He said that the shelves were low on stock and that they were 'cash strapped', his words.

Yes, I ordered a 1000 primers. I was told 'plenty in stock', so went over there, only to find that she only had 200. It cost me approx £6.00 to buy £3.50 worth of goods. I think that she was incompetent, because whenever I (used) to phone for something or other, 'she' would always ask someone else for the answer, or to take the call. I won't go there in future out of principal. Keens, I'm not overly happy with, and the 'one in Newport' ? well, I haven't got time to type what I feel.

There's a new shop opened near Pontypridd.(a few miles from me) I intend to pop in soon and have a chat with them. If he can supply me with primers etc etc, then he'll get my custom.

So, basically what you're telling me is that if I'm on the M4 in south Wales i) don't t bother carrying my SGC and ii) don't turn off!

I generally only buy carts locally although been buying from keens and not shooting so much recently so find less and less need to go to gun shops, Keens was easy as i passed on the M4 regularly (not so much in future). Since Bales in Cardiff closed its only really Keens or Sportsman, There is one in Cwmbran (never been) CS sporting and one in Swansea and not much else apart form the odd tackle shop that was selling a few airguns, Mole valley in Bridgend do carts i think but always closed when i pass

So, basically what you're telling me is that if I'm on the M4 in south Wales i) don't t bother carrying my SGC and ii) don't turn off!

Whoa!

There are also 2 gun shops in Cwmbran and I know that one is very good.

And the kettle is always on! Not sure about the other though. Lol

Edd

When we came up to Aberystwyth the other year we docked into CSS in Cwmbran to load up with several thousand rounds of lead so that we didn't have to carry it all of the way up from the south east. They were some nice guys and they had a lot of guns in there. They are out on an industrial estate

Where is the newest one edd? Got a web link? Might have to pop in if I'm passing ;)

Well the website says "under construction" or some such. (Not that a link would be allowed on here anyway) but I'm sure that a Google search would help. Its a gun shop in Cwmbran.

If not then feel free to pm me for some details.

4 cups of tea and half a packet of biscuits there today! Really need to get out more but the weather is horrendous.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley