Rabbit setup

islandgun

I will shortly have a few quid ;) to spend on a 22 and scope for Rabbits will probably be a new CZ or similar ( but open to suggestions) Any recommendations for matching scope up to approx £500, I want to use it evening/dusk ,dawn and after dark, currently using an old Remington Fieldmaster, Burris scope, and t38 which work well enough but want a change and up grade, your views as ever appreciated IG

Edited by islandgun

I've recently got a new permission, been hitting the foxes pretty hard on it for a couple of weeks and couldn't help but notice the rabbit problem - it's crawling with the little carrot crunching ........

I decided to take my .22 last night and clear some bunnies.

Genuinely wish I owned a .22 semi now, to the point I'm considering a bit of a clear out to make space for it later in the year.

Just saying.....

Thanks for the replies chaps will check out the bushnell scope spandit

I've recently got a new permission, been hitting the foxes pretty hard on it for a couple of weeks and couldn't help but notice the rabbit problem - it's crawling with the little carrot crunching ........

I decided to take my .22 last night and clear some bunnies.

Genuinely wish I owned a .22 semi now, to the point I'm considering a bit of a clear out to make space for it later in the year.

Just saying.....

What semi were you thinking about fieldwanderer

Any scope will do for a 22lr althou i'd splash out and try to get illuminated reticles. Really do make a difference when light is fading

But almost no recoil so u don't need a top end scope or high mag because of the short distances ur shooting over.

I'd also just buy a 2nd hand rifle too, most decent gunshops will have a back room full off cheap 2nd hand 22lr's many around the 100 quid mark including a scope and mod.

I got my old 22 for 80 quid god knows how long ago, pretty rough looking gun but does everything i'd want in a 22.

Personally i think 22 SA's defeat the point of having a mod and sub sonic ammo, quite often the noise of the action cycling is louder than the actual shot, and definately more metalic sounding which always scares animals

Edited by scotslad

Any scope will do for a 22lr althou i'd splash out and try to get illuminated reticles. Really do make a difference when light is fading

But almost no recoil so u don't need a top end scope or high mag because of the short distances ur shooting over.

I'd also just buy a 2nd hand rifle too, most decent gunshops will have a back room full off cheap 2nd hand 22lr's many around the 100 quid mark including a scope and mod.

I got my old 22 for 80 quid god knows how long ago, pretty rough looking gun but does everything i'd want in a 22.

Personally i think 22 SA's defeat the point of having a mod and sub sonic ammo, quite often the noise of the action cycling is louder than the actual shot, and definately more metalic sounding which always scares animals

Agreed.

Had the semi auto but now a Bruno mod 2.

Big difference in noise between the two, and quite fast on the bolt action.

Lucky you F/W have put rabbits on the protected list to keep some stock

Agree...get a secondhand BA rifle & spend on a decent scope that'll come in later if you do sell the 22....

Plenty decent secondhand out there, sort the trigger & the bedding you'll have a rifle for life.

+ side you won't waste as much ammo either... :yes: