Thoughts on harkila boots

Beagrie92

Very light and comfortable, but they leaked di returned them, the next pair leaked Aldo do went back to Le Chameau. Now have Meindl also.

A rep for Harkila assured me the issues with their boots had been resolved and he hasn't had a pair returned in the past two years.

Nephews Meindl leaked first time on moors this season, so it can happen to even the best manufacturers .

It's interesting to read poor reviews about Harkila boots/Wellies because the wellies my dad's got , the full length zip ones, feel really robust, heavy and well made.

These are the ones I had. They didn't last 8 months. Back neoprene stitching came undone, the then exposed rubber used to wear a hole in my socks every few days. The rubber behind the zip started to crack and perish, the soles had water in somehow and squelched as I walked and glue started to come away around the sole. They were replaced without quibble for a pair of aigle full zip which I love!

If the OP is talking boots then my Pro Hunters are superb -

3 plus years old and still the best boots I've ever owned.

If talking wellies then I avoided due to bad reports from others -

just had some Hunters so time will tell as others have said equally bad things, but a mate has had a pair over 12 months and still going strong. Time will tell !