First time festival goer!

Passionforangling

I have been to many all day concerts, but a festival has passed me by, I get tired of trying to watch an act and someone has their girlfriend on their shoulders in the way, I was at an oasis show some years ago, the answer to this for a hardcore oasis fan, was for them to fill a plastic bottle with urine, and lob it at the offending person.........nice, never seen that at any other concerts, oh and fights going off.

I started drawing my OAP this year.

My wife and I have been to the Acoustic Festival of Britain for the past three years and we're booked to go again this year, camping from the 1st to 5th June in our own tent. We have an 8man for the two of us so plenty of room to dance.

It's a great friendly festival. You can park next to your tent, good showers and toilets. Only a short walk to the events. We take part in the Ukulele workshop every year and you could end up taking part in a gig on the main stage on the Sunday afternoon, even if you've never played uke before.

Loads of different acts so something for everyone.

Very friendly, we take our chairs down in the morning and set them up for the main stage and then we can wander round all the other tents to see different acts and our chairs will still be there wnen we want them.

Plenty of good food stalls but Uttoxeter is only a short walk away if you want to eat in or a Tesco's if you need supplies.

Exceptional VFM I say. :good:

I started drawing my OAP this year.

My wife and I have been to the Acoustic Festival of Britain for the past three years and we're booked to go again this year, camping from the 1st to 5th June in our own tent. We have an 8man for the two of us so plenty of room to dance.

Friend of mine helps with this one with the scheduling, getting the bands on and off stage on time and absolutely raves about how good it is

I have been to many all day concerts, but a festival has passed me by, I get tired of trying to watch an act and someone has their girlfriend on their shoulders in the way, I was at an oasis show some years ago, the answer to this for a hardcore oasis fan, was for them to fill a plastic bottle with urine, and lob it at the offending person.........nice, never seen that at any other concerts, oh and fights going off.

Try T in the park bud....camping area is just a mass boxing ring for neds.....and cups of urine chucking in the crowds is the norm.

• 4 months later...

It's an old thread but I just wanted to say that we had the most amazing time at the Cornbury Festival. Lovely people there, some great food, lots of beer and superb music from the likes of Jack Savoretti, Imelda May, Tom Chaplin and the Kaiser Chiefs.

It was the last one that's going to be held apparently which is a shame, I would recommend this festival to anyone.

Been to a few, Glastonbury in 99 was the last,I took the kids Wendy House to sleep in but me feet stuck out the door.Baby wipes are a must,trying not to go for a **** for 3 days is the hardest part.If you've ever had to take a dump at Glastonbury you'll know what I mean lol

Edited by Davyo