Mayweather vs McGregor?

Danger-Mouse

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep' I would have to agree that it would be a farce of a fight. I would be in agreement with those who say that they are both 'In on it' and are both looking to Cash in.

Like McGregor even brings up his name in Press Conference's that have nothing to do with Mayweather and all to well knowing it gets all the Fan boy's and American 'Plastic Paddy's' in a frenzy.

Like what would this prove.? It can only be an Exhibition fight between an MMA fighter vs one of the best Boxer's of the modern era which will be fought using the ' Marcus of Queensbury Rules' which would result in McGregor getting humiliated. Would he care.? I don't think he would as long as he got the big fat paycheck. McGregor is Smart and knows he could probably retire if this fight did happen to take place and he would still have many other options outside of Fighting.

I am not a Mayweather fan as although he Fought the best fighters he picked where and when he did and kept his unblemished record 'Similar to Joe Calzaghe in a sense' and deprived the Boxing world of one of the most anticipated fights ever until he knew he could win it.

To summarize - AS a Boxing Fan and UFC Fan, I personally would have no interest in this fight. Im not interested in seeing Mayweather Cherry picking a fight to beat a record and would rather Conor McGregor stick to MMA and fight the best Guy's in current division ie Ferguson,Khabib, Dos Anjos ect..!

So which one are you ? Giving the fact you havent included Boxing fans in the 'Reeling in ' catagory. The Fact that your post count on ths thread is pretty high and also that you have bets on in the bookies and also with your work mates suggests that it s not just "Casual's" and MMA fans that have gotten "Reeled In".

Comes across as the Typcal Boxng Snobbery that is taking place when it comes to this fight yet most of "The Boxing Fans" seem obsessed wth this fight. And seriously like 'The amount of MMA Fans that it has reeled in.. Well thats hardly surprisng now is it ? I do get what you mean though, but cant for the life of me see why you excluded Boxing Fans.

Im not that excited about ths fight and wished Conor would have stuck to the UFC but who can blame him for the pay day he is about to get regardless of what happens.It never really bothered me who won ths fght up until recently but the closer it gets and the more I read online I really hope McGregor blows this Diva away ! Unlikely but I am 100% behind McGregor and really hope he can do something incredible.

Ref- Canelo v Golovkin .Im pretty sure this fight is high on the agenda for most Boxing fans and giving the fact the tickets are already all sold out' its far from being overshadowed or forgotten about.

Im sure there will be a thread up here come the time which I look forward too. Im sure it wll be as onesided as this fight tommorrow night giving all the Canelo bashing that Ive read on here before.

If McGregor wins and Alvarez wins now there is a Fight right there :whistling:

Lol,just lol.

For someone that "personally would have no interest in this fight" you sure seem a bit triggered by some comments considering your first.

I don't bet much and when I do it is either at the racecourse or in a bookies. But I thought I would have a few quid on McGregor. Not that I think he will win but the odds are quite good and who knows.

Tried BetFred - the site wouldn't accept my debit card. Said the number was invalid

Tried - PaddyPower - the site wouldn't let me register as it said I was under 18 and based in the US. I am neither - on-line chat support were useless and suggest I tried using a different browser.

I've given up.

Edited by AVB

Well no Surprises really'totally outboxed as expected. What surprised me was the game plan or lack of it.Most knew that McGregor's best chance was an early knockout but he didn't go for it. As I said he should have went on the back foot early and let Mayweather come to him.

Mac done better than expected for a first proper boxing match and as good as a lot of pro boxers.

One small gripe is Mayweather turning his back. He always is getting away with that and ref'shouldn't should be deducting points instead of Stopping in to break.