Mayweather vs McGregor?

Danger-Mouse

That's some right hand, nice body kicks as well to set it up.

I found that fighters were trying not to loose instead of tryin to win so was watching the under cards instead but the missus doesn't like watching fighters' she don't know

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its boxing rules i doubt it would last one round Mayweather or any decent boxer would take Mcgregors head off, as for UFC if i wanted to watch a brawl i could watch it at pub kicking out time on a Saturday night.

Conor's primary skills come from boxing and kick boxing, he's also very evasive. Whilst I think that a good boxer will probably beat him, saying they should easily take him out in one round is optimistic.

If you don't like MMA/UFC that's fair enough, I can understand it's not for everyone. But comparing highly trained athletes who often train in 3 or more martial arts to a pub brawler is quite frankly disrespectful.

I just ignored it, anyway fella on Bamma last week Brett McDermott won the heavy weight title, so I can now say I've trained with a world champion. Also say he is a really nice fella imagine showing someone with all that experience a technique and they just do it no eego no I'm not listening to you, truly well deserved.

We'll done Brett

Conor's primary skills come from boxing and kick boxing, he's also very evasive. Whilst I think that a good boxer will probably beat him, saying they should easily take him out in one round is optimistic.

If you don't like MMA/UFC that's fair enough, I can understand it's not for everyone. But comparing highly trained athletes who often train in 3 or more martial arts to a pub brawler is quite frankly disrespectful.

I wasn't comparing their training or that they are highly trained athletes, just that it looks like a brawl at times. You say he is evasive, he could run around the ring but at some point he would have to fight, and i think a good boxer would knock him out easily.

I wasn't comparing their training or that they are highly trained athletes, just that it looks like a brawl at times. You say he is evasive, he could run around the ring but at some point he would have to fight, and i think a good boxer would knock him out easily.

What and no boxing match has ever looked like a brawl?

Isn't Mayweather classed as being one of the greatest because of his defensive/evasive style?

It's quite amusing that you say that about Conor getting KO'd easily by a boxer. When Conor first came to prominence in the UFC he was matched up against mostly strikers and he beat most of them.

Then as his career advanced people began to say "Ah but he's never fought a great striker like Aldo. (Who lasted all of 13 seconds).

And then it was " "Ah but put him against a wrestler and he'll lose." (Mendes and Alvarez both destroyed in just a couple of rounds).

I don't dispute for even one second that Conor is a huge underdog in this fight and that he will most likely lose.

But I have learnt that it's very unwise to write him off. The man has a habit of making unlikely events come about.

As great as Floyd is he's not getting any younger and he can be hit and all it may take is one clean left hand from Conor and the biggest ever upset in combat sports could happen.

If the odds are right I'll certainly chuck a tenner on Conor.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's going ahead, put it in your diary!

August 26th, 12 rounds at 154lbs with 10oz gloves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82N2754VEjM

Best price on Conor atm, 13/2 with the majority of the bookies offering 6/1. Surprisingly poor odds really.

Floyd of course is odds on, best price 1/7 and all the way down to 1/25.

Edited by Danger-Mouse

Well, it's going ahead, put it in your diary!

August 26th, 12 rounds at 154lbs with 10oz gloves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82N2754VEjM

Best price on Conor atm, 13/2 with the majority of the bookies offering 6/1. Surprisingly poor odds really.

Floyd of course is odds on, best price 1/7 and all the way down to 1/25.

Im shocked the odds are so keech to be honest.

I know for a 2 horse race it looks good but imo for the supposed "farce" of a fight its not bad considering i got 3 and 4/1 on Marco Antonio Barerra when he beat Hamed.

Maybe bookies are seeing it closer than us boxing fans but time will tell.

I can picture Conor killing himself in the gym while Floyd lounges by the pool knowing its not going to happen

And I can picture McGregor lounging on the canvas with little bluebirds and stars twittering round his head after Mayweather has smashed him into oblivion without breaking sweat. I'm surprised the authorities licensed it

I know for a 2 horse race it looks good but imo for the supposed "farce" of a fight its not bad considering i got 3 and 4/1 on Marco Antonio Barerra when he beat Hamed.

Who's your money on Dave?

That's why I posted the odds. I thought you'd be able to get at least 10-1 on Conor. I guess the bookies are expecting a lot of money on McGregor and they figure that just in case he pulls it off they don't want to take too much of a beating.

Mayweather to win the first round. McGregor's arrogance to think he could beat an unbeaten boxer at this own sport is incredible.

I don't think Floyd has the power to take out Conor in one round. No one has managed it in MMA and that's with 4oz gloves. If Floyd stops him it will most likely be a tko sometime in the mid to late rounds.

Conor, arrogant? Yeah for sure. Arrogant enough to say he was going to make it to the UFC. Arrogant enough to say he would be a UFC champion. Arrogant enough to take on Diaz at 170lbs after losing to him at the same weight. Arrogant enough to say he would be the first double weight UFC champion.

Arrogance made him achieve all those things.

I admit he's pushing it to the limits this time but no one is unbeatable and if anyone can pull off such a surprise, it would be Conor.

Who's your money on Dave?

I can see nothing but a Mayweather win.

Of course,that lucky punch can always land but considering no boxer has ever been credited with putting him down,although Zab Judah did,i cant see someone with such shocking footwork and basic boxing skills managing it.

There is a clip of him sparring a boxer,nobody special,and he looks mediocre as far as boxing goes.

Imo it lasts as long as Mayweather wants it to and from what ive seen of McGregor he gasses very quickly.

from what ive seen of McGregor he gasses very quickly.

You must be basing that on the first Diaz fight. Conor threw everything he had at Nate for about 7 minutes and blew his gas tank.

The second fight yes Conor did tire a little in the 3rd round but he rallied in the 4th and then was a little tired again in the 5th. Still an impressive feat of endurance given that MMA rounds are 5 minutes long.

Can't be based on any other fights because only Max Holloway has gone 3 rounds against Conor. Win or lose, in every other fight Conor has not gone beyond the 2nd round.

Edited by Danger-Mouse

I can see nothing but a Mayweather win.

Of course,that lucky punch can always land but considering no boxer has ever been credited with putting him down,although Zab Judah did,i cant see someone with such shocking footwork and basic boxing skills managing it.

There is a clip of him sparring a boxer,nobody special,and he looks mediocre as far as boxing goes.

Imo it lasts as long as Mayweather wants it to and from what ive seen of McGregor he gasses very quickly.

I couldn't have put it better myself Sako,

The only way mcgregor is going to win is with that" one in a million lucky punch " that must result in Mayweather being out cold

Flynny

You must be basing that on the first Diaz fight. Conor threw everything he had at Nate for about 7 minutes and blew his gas tank.

The second fight yes Conor did tire a little in the 3rd round but he rallied in the 4th and then was a little tired again in the 5th. Still an impressive feat of endurance given that MMA rounds are 5 minutes long.

Can't be based on any other fights because only Max Holloway has gone 3 rounds against Conor. Win or lose, in every other fight Conor has not gone beyond the 2nd round.

Thats the only ones ive seen apart from Aldo and he did gas badly but as you say 5 minute rounds are a lot different from 3.

I would be very worried knowing hes only gone past 2 rounds three times.

What do you think McGs game plan will be?

Run round while Floyd tags him for fun and hope he runs into a left hand, as said above don't think Mayweather has the power to stop Conor, but then don't think conor has the skills to stop Mayweather an accidental leg kick might make it very interesting 🙄