Surprise trip :)

Lloyd90

Hand my dissertation in this week and the gf has just surprised me with a week in LA in June woohoo!!!!!

Now not to miss the opportunity, can anyone recommend a place to go to shoot some handguns? It's not often you get the chance to have a go at that is it :)

Also got some trips planned to Disney, Universal and the Gf is trying to get tickets to Elen Degeneres as she would like to go :)

Very excited! Any recommendations on ranges or things to do or see are greatly appreciated gents!

You might struggle in LA as there is a lot tighter controls on handguns in California due to all the gangs.

Do some research on ranges but also ring ahead as a lot of ranges will only let you shoot if you have a valid state ID so no foreigners.

The parks are great so enjoy becoming a kid again

what are these dissertations that you are having to do please? just curious.

I believe it's the same as some would call a Thesis.

Mines not particularly light reading as it's about the grooming and exploitation of young men and how there are no services available to them etc. Much like with girls and how people would pretend it didn't go on.

I have looked up a couple ranges already :) one had some bad reviews and stated it's very expensive and just for tourists, but I've seen one called LAX firing range that's near the airport and could be alright :)

................, but I've seen one called LAX firing range that's near the airport and could be alright :)

My next door neighbour shot handguns at that one by the airport just before he flew home, and then spent the flight worrying whether or not the gun-powder residue would be detectable at Heathrow. :lol:

My next door neighbour shot handguns at that one by the airport just before he flew home, and then spent the flight worrying whether or not the gun-powder residue would be detectable at Heathrow. :lol:

I took my mother in law to Manchester airport as a drop of, she got held for an hour in Manchester because her shoes had the cartridge residue from the floor of my 4x4 from the thousands of spent 22 carts from my rimmy over the past years even though i cleared them out every time. :lol::lol::lol:

That aside Lloyd take your passport to the gun range with you. I have shot handguns, ar47's fifty cals and rifles akin to ak's in Orlando several times and all they have asked for was a passport. Laws may be different in Canada. One word of advice ask them to go onto range with you for first few rounds to go over safety procedures. First time i shot a semi pistol i was handed it and shown the ear defenders and pointed to the range, i made sure i was shown how to load, shoot and make safe. Any good range should do this as a minimum.

Here I am for your entertainment :lol::lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5j_a5K3W34

atb

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek

so a degree is available in that topic

Unless you are being intentionally dense, no the degree isn't directly linked to the dissertation subject. For example I did a Bsc in Environmental conservation and countryside management. My dissertation looked at the effect of pheasant pen placement on the flora of ancient woodland, so I sampled several pens across several types of woodland and looked at the change in flora present compared to what should be there and what was present in the rest of the wood, and how far any changes extended from the pen boundary

so a degree is available in that topic

No it's just a subject of interest within my degree as I worked with the victims of child exploitation gangs. It's an under developed area of research, more research etc allows us to come up with better ways of addressing the problem.

Unless you are being intentionally dense, no the degree isn't directly linked to the dissertation subject. For example I did a Bsc in Environmental conservation and countryside management. My dissertation looked at the effect of pheasant pen placement on the flora of ancient woodland, so I sampled several pens across several types of woodland and looked at the change in flora present compared to what should be there and what was present in the rest of the wood, and how far any changes extended from the pen boundary

What did you find? That sounds interesting :)

I took my mother in law to Manchester airport as a drop of, she got held for an hour in Manchester because her shoes had the cartridge residue from the floor of my 4x4 from the thousands of spent 22 carts from my rimmy over the past years even though i cleared them out every time. :lol::lol::lol:

That aside Lloyd take your passport to the gun range with you. I have shot handguns, ar47's fifty cals and rifles akin to ak's in Orlando several times and all they have asked for was a passport. Laws may be different in Canada. One word of advice ask them to go onto range with you for first few rounds to go over safety procedures. First time i shot a semi pistol i was handed it and shown the ear defenders and pointed to the range, i made sure i was shown how to load, shoot and make safe. Any good range should do this as a minimum.

Here I am for your entertainment :lol::lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5j_a5K3W34

atb

7diaw

The most fun you can have with your clothes on :lol::lol::lol: