May fly wing burner

snow white

Its used to make mayfly wings when tying flys.

The only place i can get one is from the states but with postage just not worth it thats why i have asked on this site as the lads usualy come up with what you want but als dont think so this time.

I am not an entomologist, but these were very light coloured, not the usual type we see later on? maybe snow white will know.

I'll dig out a picture of how many hatch off later, it's ridiculous, I am sure I have one somewhere [sorry for the derailment btw]

I was going to say ask on the fly forums, but I see you have already done that :)

Here are the mayfly coming off the Thames about 2 years ago this week

attachicon.gifmayfly.jpg

hello, i would suggest Ephemera lineata ? only known from the river Thames and river Wye, yes i remember in abingdon it was the same, lovely to see :good: oh in june i catch sight of a few sea trout going over the weir

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Try a bunch of snowshoe rabbit fur, split. Far more durable and floats better too. I keep getting repeat orders from fly fishermen and women so they must work. You can also split them low in the spent position. I do have a set of burners somewhere from years ago but don't use them now. If I can find 'em you can have 'em free gratis.

Hi just had a look nearly 14 quid with postage i am sorry but not paying that much in postage.

Looks like tying to make one up got some old feeler gauges and good snips will have a go.

hello, i might have a strip of brass left at my sons if you have no joy with feelers, ps sorry to hijack your thread, good luck with your mayflies, for the first time ever at the end of month i have be given a guest ticket on a wonderfull trout river, not the test but as good as,

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I bet you are Itchen to get there.

hello, i might have a strip of brass left at my sons if you have no joy with feelers, ps sorry to hijack your thread, good luck with your mayflies, for the first time ever at the end of month i have be given a guest ticket on a wonderfull trout river, not the test but as good as,