Side by side advice please

Wilksy II

I'm thinking of chopping in my steel proofed 3" chambered multi choked o/u as I'm just not shooting aswell with it as my old Aya yeoman so my question is,is there a steel proofed 3" chambered multi choked side by side that the PW massive recommend please?

I'm thinking of chopping in my steel proofed 3" chambered multi choked o/u as I'm just not shooting aswell with it as my old Aya yeoman so my question is,is there a steel proofed 3" chambered multi choked side by side that the PW massive recommend please?

Why do you need a gun to be steel proofed?

If you want a SxS for Wildfowling have a look at the Yildiz wildfowler 31/2" steel proofed. The older model is 3" steel proofed and in good used condition a bargain.

Cheers Figgy! It's more than likely it would be a bit of inland flighting, lack of a good dog would hinder my chances of shooting the Humber.maybe a mixed day with a duck drive, Im not in a rush so I'm going to look into all the suggestions, I'm kicking myself that I didn't go see the yildz stand at the northern shooting show though!

As I have posted on several threads before, you do not need a steel proofed shotgun to fire steel cartridges.

It's a fair point, and it was the multi choke that was more important, I was just thinking of a like for like option, I seem to think the thread that your talking about did attract a lot of different opinions on the subject so I was going to remove any doubt.

It's a fair point, and it was the multi choke that was more important, I was just thinking of a like for like option, I seem to think the thread that your talking about did attract a lot of different opinions on the subject so I was going to remove any doubt.

Only 2 of my 6 'fowling' guns have steel proof.

What is your budget?

If it was me I would go for this, M/C is not really important IMHO but maybe open the chokes a little :

http://www.gunrestoration.co.uk/guns/guns-for-sale-details.asp?GunID=439

Cheers JRDS great find! That's lovely and not bad money! I do favour 1/2 and 1/2 chokes so I'll give it some thought, I bet it will get snapped up soon now!