Finally managed to collect the beast today

saddler

Nice run down through Hawick & Longtown, onto the M6 past Tebay and off the M6 at Leyland....

Short time on the paperwork & took away the long searched for ITHACA MAG-10

Not the Roadblocker model...but running solid slug through it will be fun just the same!

It'll be a good item to research: a couple of external screw ok choke tubes. Proof stamped but no other markings on the tubes - the handle is stamped "SJF. LANCASTER"

Butt has a remington recoil pad fitted. Nicrly figured wood. Rear sling swivel missing.

Receiver paint a little worn in places, around the trigger guard mainly, but a very easy restoration job for a small time outlay & a suitable shade of duracoat (got 3 different blacks here to pick from...)

Good solid gun.

Anyone got any ideas on the chokes?

Pics will be posted very soon....had a few busy days since getting back, but editing them now.

Have also read up on the design, so I may be after a couple of SP10 accessories (synthetic stock etc.) to add to the Mag-10, plus I'm keeping my eyes out for a spare barrel (either genuine Ithaca or an SP-10 from a Remington).

Not had any luck on finding out more information about the external choke system yet; left a message on the shop answer machine & e-mailed them without any reply.