Kicking myself

Jaymo

Please allay my frustrations please fellow PW's

This morning the wife dragged me to a Brocante which is the French equivalent of a posh car boot sale.

She was looking for Art Deco and I was just looking for an escape route....

Anyway, came across some 'wall hangers' of which one was a Damascus barrelled sbs hammer in something like 16guage

Slightly rusty barrels in the muzzle area but sure they would have scrubbed up

Woodwork seen better days and stock had a metal butt plate too

Quite nice engraving and an unusual ( well to me) hinge mechanism in that the foreend wood work was hinged to provide the hinge point.

Not only was it a wall hanger but also full capable of still functioning ( prob have used pyrodex or similar)

Couldn't see a makers name and he wanted 130

Went back to the stall twice but didn't get it for some reason- love the fact that this was for sale there and several other stands had others Inc a 9mm garden gun

Ok, so nothing special except them Frenchies don't believe in SGC's for some things.

I don't even know why I'm writing this except its on my mind that I might have missed something nice to add to the collection.

Have brought back plenty of 'licenced' firearms on my EFP but not sure how you would get on with a wall hanger that's still in obvious functioning condition?

Don't go there Shaun......

Back in Uk today otherwise I would have gone to the same market this weekend purchased it anyway :-)

What make me glad it's wasn't something super was it was adorned with swivels and one the rib was some lettering in gold.