Be careful out there

OK so this is doing the rounds at the moment, and I make no excuse for the fact it is a blatent rip from another forum - but it isn't very often guns blow up this spectactularly.

Scary stuff indeed, and one very lucky shooter (just not in the looks department :blush: )

The moral of the story? don't mix cartridge calibres and rifles . .

Look away now if you have just started reloading!

BANG ouch!!

He was very lucky not to have been killed I wonder if he has any shrapnel in his face? ;)

The same has to be said for carrying 20g etc when shooting 12g,

Would be so easy to chamber one, now cart makers use all the colours under the rainbow for the cases.

:blush: D2D

I originally posted that Stuart.

I got it from a friend in the US and coincidentally the next day had a telephone call from our local keeper asking for advice. His 243 wouldn't fire - it just went click and the cases (loaded rounds ) wouldn't eject properly. He was only using 22-250 rounds in his 243. Thank goodness it wasn't the other way around because being a big chap I am sure he could have 'cammed ' one in.

Ouch i've heard of a .22lr being put down a .17hmr barrel without any consequeces but i dunno how you'd be stupid enough to do that.

.243 in a .308 i can see happening but they use the same case only necked down so cant see it doing much damage

If your at a range all ammo should be kept in its boxes if your hunting with rounds in your pocket you'll only have one gun.

Hello & lucky,lucky man. Deadeye ive a 308 will go in no prob's but it shorter case than 25/06.I have heard of a 243 round put down a 308 nothing happened but neaver got the stag either.

OK V- Max but the penny still has,nt dropped .If it's a shorter case and the round will easily fit into the breach then surely it'll be too far forward for the firing pin to ignite the primer . :blink:

Hello & lucky,lucky man. Deadeye ive a 308 will go in no prob's but it shorter case than 25/06.I have heard of a 243 round put down a 308 nothing happened but neaver got the stag either.

OK V- Max but the penny still has,nt dropped .If it's a shorter case and the round will easily fit into the breach then surely it'll be too far forward for the firing pin to ignite the primer . :lol:

The bullet head is of a larger calibre so wouldn't fit in the barrel. That would make the case seem longer as it wouldn't seat into the chamber completely. Looks nasty that, at least the guy is ok!