land rover defender tidy up

viking

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blinking heck- I can see this thread running on and on like the last one :-)

Next you will be wanting some of my photo storage space............

hopefully not, on both counts :lol:

so took the landy over the road on friday to have these springs fitted, when he took one of my wheels off he noticed the springs i had on were the same as the ones he was going to put on so he didnt bother, and investigated the problem no further :no::no:

speaking to some lads on landy zone it seems like the shocks could be ********, its been suggested i buy a full set of terrafirma 4 stage adjustable shocks and set them to the lowest setting, there around £250, but i might go back over the road and ask them to fit the spare ones taken of the 2014 defender the springs came off, :hmm:

they also put me a new fuel filter on, cleaned the MAP sensor and some other sensor, and re sealed my injectors, or something like that, think it consisted of new copper washers,new seals and a bolt kit, about £80 for that lot, £30 for the filter and £50 labour, just ordered a new output shaft kit to, when will it ever stop, never i guess :lol::lol:

bout putting some windows in the side, but think i will wait a while for that, might change it up in a year, side windows and remove the black wrap on the roof, it will be like having another new defender :good::good:

I put masai windows in mine then regretted it as there was a change in insurance rules three years ago which meant many of the insurers would not cover it. Mad because it was a lot safer.

i have unfortunatly had to put thick chequer plate on the top of my front wings ....as the first owners children thought the vehicle was a playground....i will eventualt acid etch primer and paint them................

crack on then old boy :)

I like it with the CP.!!!!!!!!!

i did to start with, but thought id see what it was like without, knowing me it will be back on in a few weeks :lol:

and ill keep the chequer plate so if i do sell it then its there for next owner, and the was things are going that maybe sooner rather than later, not really enjoying it at the moment, dont know what yours is like wooder but to me coming out of a discovery 2 TD5 its all a bit different, noisy in the front cab, hard bouncy ride, and at the moment im having to put up with the backlash from hopfully the output shaft that will fingers crossed be getting done this week, im sure all these problems could be sorted out but to what expense, having spent nearly £20 grand on a motor i wasnt expecting to pile more money into it,

crack on then old boy :)

i did to start with, but thought id see what it was like without, knowing me it will be back on in a few weeks :lol:

and ill keep the chequer plate so if i do sell it then its there for next owner, and the was things are going that maybe sooner rather than later, not really enjoying it at the moment, dont know what yours is like wooder but to me coming out of a discovery 2 TD5 its all a bit different, noisy in the front cab, hard bouncy ride, and at the moment im having to put up with the backlash from hopfully the output shaft that will fingers crossed be getting done this week, im sure all these problems could be sorted out but to what expense, having spent nearly £20 grand on a motor i wasnt expecting to pile more money into it,

My daily drive has been a Defender for the past 14 years, my prevoius one was a TD5 90 station wagon, which was noisy. the puma is a bit more refined and I think landrover aimed them at a different market.

I fitted "mud panels" to the rear internal sides with cargo nets this made no end of difference to the noise inside as I put foam between the metal and plastic panels, they cost me over £200, from Mud UK.

My wife says it makes her feel sick when she travels in it as its a bit bouncy!

.......Lee..........what pressure are your tyres ?.........if they are over inflated it could make a big difference to the ride......i always have min under inflated...gives me a bit of roll ...but i get less punctures and a smooth ride as a result and better traction on the mud........

Edited by ditchman

My daily drive has been a Defender for the past 14 years, my prevoius one was a TD5 90 station wagon, which was noisy. the puma is a bit more refined and I think landrover aimed them at a different market.

I fitted "mud panels" to the rear internal sides with cargo nets this made no end of difference to the noise inside as I put foam between the metal and plastic panels, they cost me over £200, from Mud UK.

My wife says it makes her feel sick when she travels in it as its a bit bouncy!

iv got 2 lots of sound proofing in the back, some sound proof boards in the 2 square panels and then some carpeted and sound proof boards over them, its the cab thats a bit noisy, but i can live with that, after all it is a land rover, at the moment its just the ride thats bugging me, getting new shocks put on tomorrow so will see how that is, and my other half said it makes her feel sick too, thats an easy fix, dont come in it :lol::lol:

.......Lee..........what pressure are your tyres ?.........if they are over inflated it could make a big difference to the ride......i always have min under inflated...gives me a bit of roll ...but i get less punctures and a smooth ride as a result and better traction on the mud........

one was a bit low the other day at the land rover garage so he pumped it up, he put 30 in it

iv got 2 lots of sound proofing in the back, some sound proof boards in the 2 square panels and then some carpeted and sound proof boards over them, its the cab thats a bit noisy, but i can live with that, after all it is a land rover, at the moment its just the ride thats bugging me, getting new shocks put on tomorrow so will see how that is, and my other half said it makes her feel sick too, thats an easy fix, dont come in it :lol::lol:

one was a bit low the other day at the land rover garage so he pumped it up, he put 30 in it

i think it makes her sick because she knows how much I paid for it !!!!!

going to have ago at touching up my door hinges, iv got some proper land rover touch up spray paint so going to give the affected bits a few light dusting overs,

iv already changed the bolts so one at a time im going to take them off and sort them out, question is whats the best way to get the rust dust off the inbetween bits as i dont really want to take them fully apart, unless its as easy as knocking the hinge pins out :hmm::hmm:

post-9513-0-06861000-1505758810_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-82384500-1505758861_thumb.jpg

and although iv never normally been a fan, iv seen a few with these on and they look nice, so ordered some to see what they look like, if i dont like them i can send them back,

the KBX wing tops, and the wing side vent, then there is the grill and light surounds, just ordered the hi force wing tops for now, i know one person who wont be pleased :lol::lol:

post-9513-0-28127900-1505759597_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-43824200-1505759602_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-55849400-1505759609_thumb.jpg