land rover defender tidy up

viking

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

buy the best you can afford, and trying to find a private seller who hasnt taken his price from a dealer is a rare thing nowadays, looking on ebay for example, all the dealer prices are just silly, and if thats not bad enough there upon looking at them there pretty much all plus VAT which makes the price even more silly :no::no:

shes not shut up about that, if it was something nice then she could understand me spending so much, but for a bouncy tin box she cant understand :lol::lol:

true story...............my mrs youngest sister (she's the eldest of 6 children)...always used to comment .."that being driven in a old landrover or driving and old landrover would always make her wet".......

that is a true story.............and no i never did... :lol:

Edited by ditchman

Ha 😁

true story...............my mrs youngest sister (she's the eldest of 6 children)...always used to comment .."that being driven in a old landrover or driving and old landrover would always make her wet".......

that is a true story.............and no i never did... :lol:

Ha 😁

could "the juddery thing " be .............the engine has been re-mapped and is now injecting fuel slighty earlier than spec...as to be able to perform better at higher speeds....i have both my engines injecting slightly earlier..............

All totally standard vehicles owned from new by the estate ditchy

By the very nature of the original vents being subject to the Venturi effect to draw out air at speed and the new ( look closely and see the louvres are of differing heights) using ram air, therefore, they work in two opposing ways.

One drawing air out and one forcing cooler ( bound to be in this wet n cold climate) you can form your own opinion as to which is the better.

Me? I'm going for the new ones, after all- I've never for instance seen a car radiator fan 'suck' the warm air away from the core.....

A realist... had LR's since 1974 so i am well aware of the salesmens ploys.

so what are your thoughts on the horrendous backlash im getting when changing gear,

By the very nature of the original vents being subject to the Venturi effect to draw out air at speed and the new ( look closely and see the louvres are of differing heights) using ram air, therefore, they work in two opposing ways.

One drawing air out and one forcing cooler ( bound to be in this wet n cold climate) you can form your own opinion as to which is the better.

Me? I'm going for the new ones, after all- I've never for instance seen a car radiator fan 'suck' the warm air away from the core.....

im with you mate :good::good: