17 hmr mod

Beagrie92

About 4 times the price of the SAK for similar performance. The Wildcat is, to my ears, a bit quieter, but not by much. SAK used with my .22.

Thanks for that.

I use SAK on both .17hmr and .22lr, the difference is of course quiet noticeable because of the speed of the .17hmr, l have recently been using the A17's from CCI which make an altogether different sound as they have a higher speed, much more of a whooshing than the crack of the Hornady round, the .17hmr will never be a quiet round but certainly has it's place.

I've got an LEI on my hmr, works well and it's small and compact. Not cheap though for a rimfire mod. Also got a wildcat evo but I couldn't try it on the hmr because the barrel is too short,but it would be too big and heavy anyway imo. The LEI is a dedicated hmr mod so it should work well.

I have 2 SAKs one each for my .22LR and one for the .17HMR. The SAK is virtually silent on the .22LR using subs, but you will always be able to hear the muzzle crack from the .17HMR as its super sonic on leaving the muzzle.

Had them both for 10 years and although strippable have hardly ever needed to do so, still perfect and if you are lucky enough to have a threaded air rifle barrel with the same 1/2 UNF (I believe) use it on that as well to good effect.

Save your cash by going for the SAK and use the rest for your ammo.

JMO.

Interesting comments above, especially the selection of centrefire mods mentioned.

My HMR has a SM11 fitted (the second, as the first one died and was replaced FOC). When that dies it will get a SAK, just like my .22lrs and my WMR.

As some have also mentioned, there will be a small difference in the noise reduction of the propellant crack with different mods, but the sonic boom a few feet out of the barrel will not change and remain loud!