Poles / eastern europeans

digger

Part of my job involves evictions where we have to attend to force entry and change locks.

Have had to carry out three seperate ones at the same address as the stell sitex doors are being torn out. The one before last we smashed all the toilets and hand basins and ripped the hell out of the place.

Un deterred our eastern europeans got back in using a gas axe and proceeded to use the top floor as a toilet, the front room for stripping cables for the copper and the only bedroom as a kitchen / doss house.

There were two bags of prescription drugs made out to a Polish guy plus various items of personal belongings ( now in the cess pit on the top floor ).

Highlight was one had left his mobile behind with Polish home numbers in plus two mobile numbers, Guess how I am going to waste his pay as you go tariff ? Telling all his contacts he lives like a dog is how :lol:

It will only get worse....they have no concept of law abiding......just watch how many innocents get wiped out by them drink driving.....they will ina few years once established have a mafia like the russians are doing in east London. Why employ one Brit when you can have 10 cheap labourers who do not complain. Still at least they will give the ****** a run for their money

Do your worst Digger mate :lol:

We was out on a fox drive last night at a local shoot, & on our way back in the keepers truck I tapped on the roof to stop as we passed one of the small flight ponds, the keeper was anticipating a shot at old charlie, but instead I informed him there was some guy crouching behind the reeds with a rod, turns out it was a pole fishing for his dinner :oops: :o

This was in Herts :lol: They're spreading out :lol:

Needless to say the keeper sent him packing :lol::lol:

SS

I spoke to a polish Doctor, who was over here picking berries and doing farm labouring for the next 2-3 years so he could pay off his Mortgage and use his pay to educate his kids...............If I were to tar brush them like some of you I would be stupid.

I would suspect that as is the norm, most are OK and the minority spoil it for the remainder.

Most that I have met have been good workers and all they want to do is to keep their heads down, cause no aggro and work for a better life.

If there is anyone to blame it is our useless politicians, who have refused to set meaningful quotas on the numbers coming in and ensure that those who do have work visas or similar etc.

Don

personally i think they are raping our country and i think there should be stricter immigration laws.in ulster here they don t insure cars they crash get told off buy another car then smash again.like to see what would happen to me if i tried that.i have a funny feeling id be in hmp for a spell.if they commit any sort of crime fullstop they should be shipped home and not allowed back.i think australia operates that way.

Henry, my post wasnt a rant against the eastern europeans, just naming and shaming.

Some of the best guys who subby for me are Polish and the work they turn out knocks that of my English contractors into a cocked hat.

Peed me off most was the fact there were loads of prescription drugs ( mostly heroin substitutes ) and they were in a squat that is now a health hazard, wasnt meant as a dig at the work force we now have.

That said when they pay the mortgage off they will go home and not have put a penny into our economy, how many fruit pickers pay tax ? At least the guys I use are taxed at source.

It wasn`t aimed at anyone in particular and the reason I was talking to him was his friends were burned to death in a portacabin which was their home whilst here, and yes they were paying tax. The farmers around here are watched very closely and even if the migrant workers do not get taxed on every penny be assured that the farmer won`t be missed so in an indirect way they are contributing quite a lot to our GDP.

I have worked with a lot of eastern europeans for a few years now,most of them are good people in work,just the odd bad one like ourselves,death from below made a good point about mafia type gangs,some of them are ruthless,i know of two litho girls who were ordered out of the country by x boy friends,they were told they would get there throats cut,a mate of mine got a bad doing a couple of weeks ago in the town only someone came along and stopped them,they were dancing all over him,as for fishing they kill everything,they wre caught on a canal throwin lime in to starve the fish of oxygen,at the local park they were caught feeding the ducks and swans with bread which had a hook in it attached to a hand line,i reckon if you sat about to long yourself they would eat you.

Just take a look at some of the trash we are exporting to France and Spain :lol::oops:

wonder how they perceive us as a nation now?

Very good point indeed and one that I had not thought of. I know I rant on occasions about immigrants but imagine Manuel in house on the Costa del Sol. Having half the East End living next door trying to drink themselves into oblivion can't be much fun. (A sweeping generalisation was used with intent :lol: )

• 5 months later...
Just take a look at some of the trash we are exporting to France and Spain :lol::good:

wonder how they perceive us as a nation now?

Very good point indeed and one that I had not thought of. I know I rant on occasions about immigrants but imagine Manuel in house on the Costa del Sol. Having half the East End living next door trying to drink themselves into oblivion can't be much fun. (A sweeping generalisation was used with intent :lol: )

Dobry vecer!

To je strasne - to je pravda! To je zivot! Nevadi!

Nazdar,

FC

I have a few living in the flat behind my house, they are polite and friendly - working at the local factory to send money home.

I also had 3 in a car follow me in to a railway freight yard once very early on a sunday morning. I though I was going to get battered and robbed (on my own, van full of electricians tools) when they all got out of their car, but all the wanted to ask was if there was any work for them - cleaning the yard, loading/unloading etc. i told them no, and that they needed to leave. they were understanding and thanked me for taking the time to talk to them, rather than ignore them.

we are not in a position to judge them when you look at the wasters in this country!

I had a Polish plumber as as subbie and his work would rival picasso. I am yet to meet a British plumber who worked to the same high standard.

People took photos of his work to show others.

And he worked until he got it finished rather than the "that's my eight hours I am off" type mentallity.

Mind you it got annoying when he rang me at three in the morning to get more materials ordered :lol:

In Birmingham we haven't had a large influx of Eastern Europeans so it isn't really perceived as a problem here yet. We have muslims instead with the same bad driving abilities so its probably a regional thing.

There is already a large Polish and Irish community. The Polish immigrants worked the munitions factories during the war and the Irish came here in the sixties to build the motorways, and where would we be without either of them?

And as for the British invasion of the Costas, the Spanish must think the world is ending when the plane touches down :lol:

im a joiner and really sick of the eastern europeans working within the building trade with all the health and safety rubbish going around the building sites how can they be allowed to work on the sites if they cant speak english :huh:

but its not them im p****d off with its the greedy english ******** employing them and the goverment for allowing them to do it on the cheap that really gets me i cant wait for the day it all backfires on the greedy ******** and they go bankrupt or we ENGLISH tradesmen stand together and hold them to ransom :lol::lol::lol:

@Pegleg31. I don't have to explain anything to you, but being as I feel your attack was directed at me...

I employed a Polish plumber because none of the English ones I could find had a CSCS card, he had one, and public liability insurance too.

I contacted an agency, I was offering £15 ph hour and the general response was "nah mate, wouldn't get out of bed for that".

I am not a greedy ba***** employing cheap labour, I project manage high value contracts for retail clients with tight deadlines. I need to get the work done on time and on budget. I will use anyone with the right qualifications that can get the job done on time and to a high standard.

On this occasion the plumbers I usually use said it was too short notice, they wouldn't work nights, they had a mates bathroom to finish etc.

You are going to hold the managers to ransom by not working? Good luck with that, that's the mentality that will cost more British jobs in the industry. History says it didn't work for Ansells Brewery, British Leyland, Rover or the coal industry.

Want to see how many more foreign workers appear to take your jobs?

Haven't really thought this through have you.

Agree with Sidi, I use Polish / Lithuanian / Slovakian multis because they dont expect to be in the pub at half twelve on a Friday, they dont expect to work til twelve on a Saturday and get paid for a full day either.

Times are changing, most English subbies arent.

im a joiner and really sick of the eastern europeans working within the building trade with all the health and safety rubbish going around the building sites how can they be allowed to work on the sites if they cant speak english :huh:

but its not them im p****d off with its the greedy english ******** employing them and the goverment for allowing them to do it on the cheap that really gets me i cant wait for the day it all backfires on the greedy ******** and they go bankrupt or we ENGLISH tradesmen stand together and hold them to ransom :lol::lol::lol:

Thats what I like to hear- We need the unions back in this country, me being a welder we really had the goverment on the run in the 80's. We could still frighten the life out of this present goverment if we stuck together.

Agree with Sidi, I use Polish / Lithuanian / Slovakian multis because they dont expect to be in the pub at half twelve on a Friday, they dont expect to work til twelve on a Saturday and get paid for a full day either.

Times are changing, most English subbies arent.

if there was ever a sweeping statement there it is, what about the high percentage of subbies that are proper tradesmen and can ******* graft and do it day in and day out ,the polish brickies i have seen are absolutley ******* **** and that goes for most of them no standards and living like tramps ,that is not good for the trade and no good for the countryin general, take a reality check.

@Pegleg31. I don't have to explain anything to you, but being as I feel your attack was directed at me...

I employed a Polish plumber because none of the English ones I could find had a CSCS card, he had one, and public liability insurance too.

I contacted an agency, I was offering £15 ph hour and the general response was "nah mate, wouldn't get out of bed for that".

I am not a greedy ba***** employing cheap labour, I project manage high value contracts for retail clients with tight deadlines. I need to get the work done on time and on budget. I will use anyone with the right qualifications that can get the job done on time and to a high standard.

On this occasion the plumbers I usually use said it was too short notice, they wouldn't work nights, they had a mates bathroom to finish etc.

You are going to hold the managers to ransom by not working? Good luck with that, that's the mentality that will cost more British jobs in the industry. History says it didn't work for Ansells Brewery, British Leyland, Rover or the coal industry.

Want to see how many more foreign workers appear to take your jobs?

Haven't really thought this through have you.

How do you establish their qualifications then sidibear? If you are using the CSCS card system then you are falling well short- pile of rubbish. I went to Poland to access welders and pipefitters for CSCS card and NVQ'S a couple of years ago and out of 240 I took for a trade test only 18 passed to UK standards

I am supposed to be going to Lithuania early next year to access again a further batch- but its not worth the bother.

He was recommended to me by the agency, my request said that the worker needed to have a cscs card, hot works training, petrol passport if possible and to be very good.

My clients insist that anyone working on their premises hold a cscs card, therefore its one of my requirements.

They sent me this guys CV, he had been working maintenance on oil rigs for 2 years and had moved to the midlands, he came highly recommended.

And trust me, he was working below his skill level by doing plumbing work.