Price of carts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing what components cost abroad powder cost abroad and what we have to pay here, it is clear the cartridge companies are turning a profit as well they are entitled too.

The clay grounds are struggling people are not as active as they were in years gone by.

Reloading unless you have stock in hand already which wont last forever you have to base your reloaded ammo on what components cost, and with the current reloading suppliers offering components at the prices they are now, little if any saving can be made, buying is the most practical option .

Loading 20 bore or 28 bore .410 you could save some money but 12s in clay loads you can not make them pay.

Using allternative steel shot or making your own lead shot or reclaimed lead if you can find it can trim a little off but powder is killing reloading normal 12bore loadings steel or lead.

I have started loading 20 bore for pigeons in steel it is proving economical and a plus is all i can kill i have a hawker will take them if shot with steel.

Cartridge companies are being short sighted i feel they are pricing themselves out of business this is clear to see when you look at continental prices compared to ours here.

What machine are you using for steel reloading?

Just did some basic sums on clay shooting at local little club, say 2 rounds of skeet a Saturday Cartridges about £4.75 box and Clays £6.00 per round come in at just over £1100 per year and few shoot just two rounds a week

No wonder the club is loosing members all the time

How much has powder gone up over say the last four years and why

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/10/2017 at 12:48 PM, ChrisAsh said:

Just did some basic sums on clay shooting at local little club, say 2 rounds of skeet a Saturday Cartridges about £4.75 box and Clays £6.00 per round come in at just over £1100 per year and few shoot just two rounds a week

No wonder the club is loosing members all the time

How much has powder gone up over say the last four years and why

Exactly people are being priced out of shooting, thus meaning the grounds and or clubs loose members and revenue and the knock on effect is the gun dealers also won't have as much trade and revenue, which in turn means for the dealers to remain in business they have to rise their prices to enable them to survive. I shoot clays, game and vermin as well as shooting rifles and over the last year shot significantly less as the avialable finances are not there any more, so much so I might have to give up rifle shooting as it's becoming unsustainable, if this happens that's three clubs that will loose a member