Glorious Yorkshire

Mice!

I moved to North Yorkshire about 15 years ago from north London.

Sole intention was to raise my family in a lovely part of the world.

the side line was huge sporting potential but cant say I mentioned that to the then girlfriend and now wife.

Today, was a special birthday for her, so loaded family into the car and headed to our favourite coastal spot for a walk and then lunch.

Do i regret leaving London with sights like seeing urine flowing out of the poor homeless guys sleeping bag as I surface from the underground at 6.30am?

No way.

Great county for an ex-Northumbrian to now call home.

Oh and the ale's bleedin' good as well!

f.

Ok, what's the score here? Sir David Attenborough got a slagging off, and Lewis Hamilton got a forum verbal kicking. Don't even mention Anthony Joshua or Sir Billy Connelly....Has the Yorkshire Tourist Board muscled in on the forum or is Heaven really just 270 miles North of me?? happy-smiley34.gif happy-smiley34.gif

OP is a session beer ...

Its too good to be just drinking four or five

Having now spoken with the (still sickeningly slim .... sorry, I digress again) SWMBO, she confirms it was 4 pints of OP and (according to her, but for reasons unknown, i cannot remember....) the landlord had promised the 5th pint for free.

This surely cannot be true - it was Yorkshire?

Edited by Eyefor

Ok, what's the score here? Sir David Attenborough got a slagging off, and Lewis Hamilton got a forum verbal kicking. Don't even mention Anthony Joshua or Sir Billy Connelly....Has the Yorkshire Tourist Board muscled in on the forum or is Heaven really just 270 miles North of me?? happy-smiley34.gif happy-smiley34.gif

Yorkshire tourist board 😆😆

Wife got asked by Facebook this evening to review Bolton abbey, she was reading others reviews and people were complaining that they had been before but the car park was now £10. So four of us arrived about 1pm stayed till it was going dark for a tenner in pristine Countryside and would happily go back, some folk are strange.

As for a free pint after 4 pints of old peculiar, think the landlord new he was never going to have to pump the freebee.

Sssshhh! Nothing to see here in Masham, nope beers awful, nowt doing at all..!

Glad you enjoyed your trip, the kings head is a little hit and miss (chef and brewer) so Im pleased you had a good break. Next time youre in this neck of the woods try finding the black bull in paradise its a bar attached to the main theakstons brewery that only serves ale..

The black sheep brewery bistro also serves cracking food in belting portions..

We don't know why we like it so much either, I think it's the years of going, regardless of season. I particularly like Leyburn area too, I know they are close but both towns have a very different feel.

We'd just have to decide what to do if we sold up and moved!

Stick with Leyburn.... Hawes is the rain capital of the Dales. from Auntie.