Just cartridges

Learn to put it in the middle of the pattern and most commercial cartridges today will do the job. Speed is irrelevant in my view  ...maybe Trap shooting, but there agin if it ain't in the pattern .........................

If your worried about price and even speed then learn to reload your own, then you know what you have, that is if you put them through a chrony.

I am led to believe Just Cartridges produce a quality product, unfortunately to date he doesn't do a 410 shell.

Edited by Walker570

Young Guns, you would do well to read some of the posts throughout this forum which have discussed fast vs slow speeds, shot size and ballistics of a round pellet, their is much to learn from doing so. As others have said and is good advice do not get hung up on speed at the killing distance 30, 40yards the difference is insignificant.

if  my memory is correct just cartridges list muzzle velocity and I expect eley are listing observed velocity.

rb

The advertised speed is so inconsistent it’s not worth considering. If I send 10 shells to be tested, and I get ten different results back, I or any manufacturer can advertise the average as I see fit.

Put a cartridge that’s been out in the garage, cold or damp across a chronograph vs. one of the same brand that’s been kept in warm and dry conditions, then you’ll see a variance but not until you’re at a very high standard of shooting. 

There was a chap on here who went to great lengths to test dozens maybe hundreds of shells against their advertised speed, long story short, don’t believe what you read.... Speed varies so much shell to shell, even batch to batch forget it and just pick a shell that is regularly stocked by your local shop that is the load/shot size you want.

Shooting is a very simple sport that’s very easily complicated. Until you’re consistently posting the same scores or ratios of shots to kills, don’t look at your kit for marginal improvements, focus on technique and practise. Enjoy! 

Edited by wj939

Well all else  being equal .

If you drive the shot faster you potentially damage more of the lead in the shot Column at the rear and sides against the barrel and against the wad ..meaning these pellets will be deformed  more and fly slower and wider than the intended mark .

Reducing the over all speed and accuracy potential of the cartridge .

Well I may have been shooting for more years than I care to remember,but I can still remember the excitement of my first cock day !!!  And just like you spent ages deciding what 'special' cartridge I would take on that day.I am afraid it is too long ago to remember what I chose.Ask as many questions as you like,we were all in your shoes once and you are the future of our sport.

I get on very well with Hull High Pheasant Extreme 32g 5

I hope you have a good day and find a cartridge that YOU are happy with