acme crow call

roadkill

I have had this crow call for years and i have missplaced the instructions on how to use it and the different calls you can do with it . Is there any one on here that has one of these crow calls and still have the instructions that they could scan and upload on here or if not just some tips on the right calls

cheers roadkill

Do you want me to find mine and make a recording of how it should sound? :P

You have let your tongue vibrate, rather than just blowing through it - as Snakey says it will just sound like a kids toy if you do that

Crow_call.JPG

yes please because the other half is on the floor doubled up in pain laughing at me because it sounds nothing like a crow

Well the boy had it last frighteneing the dog, so I will start my search in his room.

I can assure you, however, it doesn't sound anything like this, I am certain you can't make this sound with it.

http://www.shades-of-night.com/aviary/sounds/corone.wav

From memory it sounds more like a magpie.

http://www.northamptonshirewildlife.co.uk/sound/magpie.wav

After weeks of practicing I have found that you have to make the noise in your throat and let it reverberate up. Sort of like gargling. VERY hard to explain. That is the best i can get to sounding like a magpie.

The crow noise is again from the throat and is a similar action to "hoicking up a greeny".

Practice makes perfect but I am far from that :P

• 3 weeks later...
I can get a good jack daw noise out of mine, if you blow very hard for about a second then stop it. biting the end helps too.

I have tried lots of different crow calls, but the acme is the best.

I have found that making a sound like a young crow ( higher pitch) is best and will bring them in from miles away.

try www.crowbusters.com you can get some sounds here as well

I can get a good jack daw noise out of mine, if you blow very hard for about a second then stop it. biting the end helps too.

Blimey mate you don't have the idea at all do you? Don't bloody bite as well as blowing or you'll get a sound like a ruptured buffalo. I won't be round to either of you for a *******.

I have one of them.Guaranteed I can clear fields for miles around.Have had more success by cupping a hand under armpit and "flapping" arm like a wing.Keeps me warm too.I plan to follow the clever advice on using cheapo MP3 from pw recently.

Rather than blowing, try making a goose "honk".

This comes from the throat, not by blowing at all. Instead of "hooonk" do "haw". Don't say it, ie don't move the lips, just expel the air from the throat as if you were saying it.

Once you master this , cry "HAW" "ALL" "CAW" same method.

Most of the calls I have require tuning, usually involving moving the reed inside the call up or down. I can get some cracking results with mine, even calling brids back into the gun using the rally call.

The most successful call I have found is the sorrow call. Its a low level, slower pleading "HAW". three slow reps followed by two slower and repeat randomly. This seems to get the interest of the crows to come look for the injured baby. Make this low level, really slow and as pathetic and sad as you can ;)

I have one of them.Guaranteed I can clear fields for miles around.Have had more success by cupping a hand under armpit and "flapping" arm like a wing.Keeps me warm too.I plan to follow the clever advice on using cheapo MP3 from pw recently.

It's illegal to use a recording to call a bird in to shoot. :no:

FM ;)