New RFD Law

wabbitbosher

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Why wouldn't they use it?

Because a weapon is designed to cause injury or physical damage. Or an instrument or device used for attack or defence.

I know it's semantics, but wrong is wrong.

Back to the original point of this topic, I'd feel very uneasy about sending my SGC to a stranger who may or may not be legit and may or may not even have a gun for sale. Seems an ideal way for some unscrupulous person to harvest personal information.

51 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

On 26/01/2018 at 20:21, wabbitbosher said:

Please ensure that the correct procedure is followed for future weapon transfers

51 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I see another firearms department using the W word 

29 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

They are not weapons and the term weapon creates a very uneasy feeling and an impression that really isn't needed for a sport that has a hard enough time already.

My guns are not weapons. They are tools.

Edd

27 minutes ago, walshie said:

Because a weapon is designed to cause injury or physical damage. Or an instrument or device used for attack or defence.

I know it's semantics, but wrong is wrong.

Back to the original point of this topic, I'd feel very uneasy about sending my SGC to a stranger who may or may not be legit and may or may not even have a gun for sale. Seems an ideal way for some unscrupulous person to harvest personal information.

So which one of you is going to contact Northamptonshire Police Firearms Licensing department and point out their error?

51 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So which one of you is going to contact Northamptonshire Police Firearms Licensing department and point out their error?

Why would I, they're not my firearms licencing department. When I had my interview the FEO commented that he was glad that I didn't use the terminology of weapon as it is frowned upon, so I can only presume from his comment that my firearms licencing department doesn't use it.