Help with pest identification

Grange1905

Been visiting some relatives and they keep their dog food in a small shed adjacent to the house. Someone pesky decided to help themselves to it and had about 2/3 of a rather large bag more or less overnight. We have no idea who could have done this, as I have never seen a hole as such this way. My first guess was rats, but 2/3ds of a 25kg bag so quickly? Could it be a marten, as they have been seen around? The diameter of the hole is 2/2.5 inches..

20171230_193028.jpg

It' a rat. Nice neat hole, they will move quite a large amount of food in little time to store for a rainy  day.                       Had a job last boxing morning where a rat emptied a whole tub of quality street over night in someone's house.                  We don't get Martin down here but that's typically rat.

Rats.

I've seen an entire corner unit  (3 feet across) filled to the brim with dog biscuits. That is filled right to the top of the cupboard, not just a few in a corner. FULL !!!

It was .at a village butchers I used to work in while still at school. I was given this job to tidy up this room in an outhouse that's hadn't been touched for ages. This unit was at the back and not been seen for years.